whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loves me some standing dead oak removed cut split and burned today
c59230961428d96edb215e22d141280e.jpg
nice quickie job on the way home from doing that biggun

Now Jeff will be here in a few hours and tell us what a beautiful day it was[emoji34]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, it was a totally beautiful day!
Kinda sux that you guys are mostly 3 hours ahead of me and I hope you are sleeping! ;)
Jeff @ 8:07pm and 72 degrees,,:p
Jeff

Scott would know,,,probably Craigslist,,lol
Jeff

LOL, nope.
Found them in the Tree Care Trader mag while sitting at my desk in SoCal. Called them, dude I talked to told me he was a Marine, so....well.....he wasn't. The reason I know he was not, I called and talked to the owner about the POS truck they lied to me about and he ask's me who I talked too. I told him the Marine dude. "We don't have any Marines here" I quickly looked at my notes, gave the guys name and the owner laughed at the thought "He's NO MARINE". That's when he said he couldn't help me.
I think they changed their name.

@jared, didnt get a hold of the attorney, but I don't care. Going to give a timeline of events and how it all went down.

Ultimately it is my fault. I trusted and I got burnt. Broke my own rule of inspecting what I expect. I was so ready to get home and get going and get the fck away from that company I was working for, that I made some novice mistakes. I had client's in Iowa calling like mad, pissed at me for leaving and pissed at who I recommended to call in my absence.
It has hurt me, as nothing really has gone as planned this year. Dana, Truck, my body, etc. Just need to get through this winter and re-attack. The one thing that has gone my way is the clients. I had a explosion of calls. Sucked that I couldn't accommodate everyone. Between hospital stays with her and that pos truck, it was very hard to keep up.........not that I did. Lost some clients that didnt care about my problems, gained some who did.

Big thing here, is making sure as many people know about them as possible. Someone is going to get killed if they keep it up. They do not care either, I have looked up other reviews of them and this is not the first time they have lied about their truck's in a serious manner. Seems to be their MO. You can probably count on some BS from all of these type of operations, but I don't think to this level. I have dealt with Schmidtys a couple times and I was not real happy with them either, however, I never had a issue like this and I believe that they would not intentionally hid something so serious. I am dealing with I-80 now, they are close to the house and have had several people say nothing but good things. Their trucks are not beyond reproach, but from what I understand, from those who have dealt with them, they will try and make anything right. I have seen their refurb process first hand and they really go through those trucks. That also reflects in their price. They are being real good right now trying to get me straight. They are going to contact Altec on my behalf to see about a recall. As I said before, they have them on most makes and models out there, kinda weird they don't for mine, so they are looking into it. They are not sugar coating anything. They told me that this would be painful, that is not something they will weld, has to be replaced complete and that will not be cheap. Praying to the tree gods that Altec saves me.

It was freakin cold yesterday. Some said -10 with windchill. Way to get acclimated by fire. But we went out anyway, had a nice ground work job. Pruned 4 small trees for mowing and sidewalk clearance and then murdered 2 huge rows of burning bushes with 80 million mulberry's growing up through them.

When I bought my knuckleboom truck, I made the 13 hr round trip down to timberland trucks to check out there operating on a Sunday so I could see first hand what they make and sell.

Mmm. Beautiful day. Gotta dump and stack my last cord of wood at the house. My buddy helped fix the furnace that's been out at the shop and swap out the ceiling fan that died yesterday. Gonna bring him a load of wood as payment. Putting another check in the bank today. Not great, but as ready as for the hell as I'm gonna be. Wanting another fresh stab at it next year already.

I bought my truck from I-80 and have been happy with it. I cant remember the owners brothers name but he told me some bs and did not follow through with some promises.

Went to put my brand new gehl loader on the trailer to send it to a dealer for warranty work and now the boom won't work. So, I have little idea of how to get this thing on the trailer since the boom is stuck in the lowest position.

Latest posts

Back