What is this part? Husqvarna 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like early washer design they used for drive sprocket clip. (Jonsered used this type) later changed to washer like Stihl does.
That’s exactly what it was, though my Husqvarna dealer described it as the Stihl style and he gave me a round one like would be on a more modern saw. Either way, it’s on and running! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9625.jpeg
    IMG_9625.jpeg
    3.8 MB
  • IMG_9626.jpeg
    IMG_9626.jpeg
    3.3 MB
It was pretty nasty, I wouldn’t be surprised if I need to replace the coil, it was encased in gunk. The guy I got it from said it started running poorly after it warmed up, I expected a scored cylinder but it looked good, I remember I concluded it had good compression, but I don’t now remember what it was, that kind of left me with overheating coil.

Attachments

• IMG_9633.png
    IMG_9633.png
    7.7 MB
  • IMG_9634.png
    IMG_9634.png
    7.8 MB
  • IMG_9631.png
    IMG_9631.png
    7.7 MB
  • IMG_9632.png
    IMG_9632.png
    8.3 MB
  • IMG_9630.png
    IMG_9630.png
    7.4 MB
Good saw. Not quite the high RPM horsepower of the 365 special, but good torque for cutting bar length firewood
I probably won’t work it super hard, I might put a scabbard on the tractor and just leave it there. I expect I will like it better than the 550xp which was bought for that purpose but is rarely usable without repair.

I probably won’t work it super hard, I might put a scabbard on the tractor and just leave it there. I expect I will like it better than the 550xp which was bought for that purpose but is rarely usable without repair.
If they are right, they will run flawlessly for a long time with none of the 5 series hiccups

Would a Johnsered 2165 be the same saw? Would an 04’ be the same as the 365 special or did they not align exactly?
Standard early pre-Xtorq 365 (like you have) = 2065
365 special = 2165
365 xtorq (71cc, detuned 372 xtorq) = 2166
372 xtorq = 2172

Thanks, I have a friend with a 2165 and he asked if they were the same. What’s different with the special?
Your 365 has an open port cylinder. It’s a lower cost option that makes horsepower at a little bit lower RPM, but usually they have a wider power band. The 365 special is the equivalent of an XP style closed port cylinder. Closed port cylinders have a little better direction in the transfer ports and make power at a higher RPM. They couldn’t call it an XP because it was made at the same time as the 372. Having the same case and the added power of a bigger bore, the 372 gets the XP designation

Back