What to look for in a used stihl saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$300 for an 026, to me, it would have to be mint. Clean looking, fully operational, low hours. Otherwise, I would spend about $50 more and get a brand new Dolmar. I wouldn't want to spend more than $200-$225 on one used in average condition.

Make sure it oils the bar.

I would cut with it as well.

Pull the filter, take a glance at the carb and inside the fuel tank. If you see any gunk built up, then I would be weary on whether or not it was maintained and you could potentially have an underlying issue you don't see off the bat. Paying top dollar, I would want everything in tip top shape.

In our area the 026/260 was a very popular saw, we sell the very clean ones (after a detailed cleaning and inspection/replacement of any worn/damaged parts) for 275-325.00/ average ones that show quite of bit of use for 225-260.00. Most of the time all they need is the carb gone thru and they are good as new. You should be able to find one in your budget range very easily. It's a funny market we can sell the snot out of used 024's/026's but cannot give Husky 350's away and they are a decent little saw, can sell used Echo 510/520's easier. People are afraid of the plastic clamshell.

Latest posts

Back