What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know how much deck space is available for cylinder mounting? These are small but still 85cc. I mill so trying out one of these seems like it's worth checking out. A bigger cylinder would be nice.
check in the 051, 075, 076 thread. I wonder if the larger p&c can be swapped to the 51 as they are the same horizontal platform.

no longer on my bench... but was! broken airplane stand. part of my ranch diorama up at ranch... got knocked off and broke. airplane is an aluminum twin-engine. taking off and in a climbing, shallow turn. being pot metal, strength would be key to stand's new repaired utility! so i drilled, then enlarged 2 holes in each side. made steel shanks. JB. and designed so shanks would self-align and break lines will refit perfectly. a small about of the JB beaded up along broken line and will remain... sorta like a weld bead. now assembled repaired unit 'tinks' with wrench just like a tuning fork! repair is solid, strong and 2 pcs act once again... as a single cast piece! ~
.P1010053.JPG
P1010001.JPGP1010007.JPGP1010002.JPGP1010009.JPGP1010010.JPGP1010013.JPGP1010014.JPGP1010016.JPGP1010018.JPG

On my bench right now is a Homelite Super XL that had a vac/pressure leak which I found out was loose nuts on the cylinder. While working on it I found a leak in the carburetor also. The carb leak is in the fuel pump (upper) side and the fuel is coming from a vent hole in the plate where the fuel enters the carb which apparently had the wrong gasket on it. I was wondering why Walbro made the SDC carburetor with a hole in the upper cap and gaskets that could easily be put on mistakenly, causing a fuel leak. Apparently they made a plate that doesn't have a vent hole in it for the other gasket.

Update on the problem child 3120XP. Husqvarna sent a new power head, apparently didn’t wanna cover a complete tear down and crankshaft on the old one. Made a few ripping cuts in a big piece of oak out back at the shop. Performed great even with the 44” bar and standard full chisel chain. Customer is happy.
IMG_0345.jpeg

Back