What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
decided to replace the lead wore on the 010AV. some interesting things. to remove the flywheel, there are no screw holes or internal threads to a puller. I looked at the service manual and they have a special puller that is basically a long nut that threads onto the end of the crank shaft. it says to thread it on, back it off 1 turn, hold the flywheel with 1 hand and hit the end of the tool. basically, they're saying to hammer on the crankshaft. something I've never wanted to do LOL. the tool il long because the flywheel has a deep well where the crankshaft is. at least the threads are taking the blow and not the end of the crank. made my own tool and it worked, came right off.

PXL_20240920_161459477.MP.jpgPXL_20240920_161442440.MP.jpgPXL_20240920_160713349.MP.jpg

the other thing though, is the flywheel keyway. have never seen anything this bad. wonder if someone was trying to change the timing? that or they just F'd it up. the flywheel was actually rubbing against the stator or whatever it's called where you set the air gap. not sure how it was even running.

PXL_20240920_161424234.MP.jpg

Back