What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,
Bought a Homelite Super 2 at an estate sale. Manual says 32 to 1 mix. I use Stihl
HP Ultra synthetic 50-1 on my Stihl’s and older Huqvarna’s. Can I run this mix in this Homelite Super 2.
50:1 synthetic will be fine, oil improvements are amazing. but you may need to retune to that mix.

Here is the 162SE. Metal tank and brake. Piston has some scoring so I'll P&V test it and see what gave. Looks like transfer scoring so I'm not sure why that is, if someone knows chime in. The saw itself is pretty clean and while a bit dusty nothing about it says that it was abused. A few broken bits on the recoil and clutch cover but not bad for a $50 saw. I hope to clean this up and get it running again. Not sure but it will either be just a backup or end up going to my BIL. Who needs 50 saws right? right...?IMG_0056.jpgIMG_0055.jpg

Picked it up for 50$ as a non runner with no compression. Got it home and checked it over piston looked great air filter seemed near new put in a spark plug funny how that fixed the no compression issue added fresh fuel and fired right up. Oils good runs good but it did have cracks in the reed block so I’ll pull it apart again rebuild the carb and seal up the cracks

Attachments

• IMG_5896.jpeg
    IMG_5896.jpeg
    2.2 MB
  • IMG_5895.jpeg
    IMG_5895.jpeg
    2.2 MB
Here is the 162SE. Metal tank and brake. Piston has some scoring so I'll P&V test it and see what gave. Looks like transfer scoring so I'm not sure why that is, if someone knows chime in. The saw itself is pretty clean and while a bit dusty nothing about it says that it was abused. A few broken bits on the recoil and clutch cover but not bad for a $50 saw. I hope to clean this up and get it running again. Not sure but it will either be just a backup or end up going to my BIL. Who needs 50 saws right? right...?View attachment 1208546View attachment 1208547
its a steal at that price!

Homelite 350 purchased at a yard sale for $10. It started right up but rpm's shot through the roof. The intake boot was toast. Photo is the boot compared to the new one I got. Looks like someone made an attempt to stop the air leak. Needs a few more maintenance parts replaced and a carb rebuild but it's going to be running soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241010-112636~2.png
    Screenshot_20241010-112636~2.png
    2.4 MB
  • VID_20240917_130754619~3.mp4
    18.9 MB
  • Screenshot_20241010-112733~2.png
    Screenshot_20241010-112733~2.png
    2.3 MB
  • Screenshot_20241010-112954~3.png
    Screenshot_20241010-112954~3.png
    1.9 MB
Got some freebees.... compression in all good so carb kits, fuel systems, spark plugs and air filters. Have all them running great. Got aboot $18 into each so if sell them at 30-40 I be happy. Plus, keeps them out of the landfills or scrap piles.

View attachment 1210558 View attachment 1210559

Handy things to sell to croppers and farmers- good for blowing the remains of removed bird nests (Starlings are real bad!) from top of tractor manifolds before you start the tractor.

Easy money when they easy fixes Bob.

But sometimes I hate being that guy.

I have 3 free trimmers coming from guys at work and 2 or 3 Lawnboy push mowers of various yrs from a scrapper buddy.

Gotta pick my battles and do triage. I don't need any of them.... or the side money.....I just get bored and like fixing stuff

Easy money when they easy fixes Bob.

But sometimes I hate being that guy.

I have 3 free trimmers coming from guys at work and 2 or 3 Lawnboy push mowers of various yrs from a scrapper buddy.

Gotta pick my battles and do triage. I don't need any of them.... or the side money.....I just get bored and like fixing stuff
Me too- but I tend to not sell them on once fixed.....

The last couple weeks was nuts, had a guy drop off saws 3 at a time...5 husky ranchers and a 029
every one needed a tune up, fuel hoses, chains sharpened and carb adjusted. Sold 3 saws I went through over the summer...even listed the ole 041 that everyone seems to want but never shows up for...hoping it goes soon.
Had a husky 125b blower land in my lap that was a basket case.. new coil, new piston and impeller fan...fyi these things hairline crack their coils causing random ignition failure so I open the restrictive muffler to help stop it from happening again...stupid dongfeng coils...
Had a guy bring a little husky 435 for repair, the guy abused it so hard it heated the pto crank bearing until the seal melted and the bearing bb's wore down....waiting on the bearing to show up but the rest is already here.
I had 2 different folks request a saw built for them over 70cc so I found a 460 and 660 "complete"... both have the upper dog mount broken on their cases, 500 was the price for both
tore the 660 down...need to tear the 460 down....and clean them then start assembly new bearings/gaskets/seals/hoses
And last but not least a 042 thats been giving me hymnroids for 3 weeks...fully rebuilt the carb and replaced the piston. That was a ordeal...finding a complete carb kit and then having to grind a golf piston as close to the oem's shape then I put oem rings into it...only to realize it needs a case gasket and crank seals when I tried to crank it up and it ran away lean... and the only place I saw selling them was sanguzi in germany....be here in 2 weeks...locating parts for this thing was a headache...even walbro changed the ws carb diagram omitting the thin plate and gasket from it. It should be a great runner once I'm done with it!

Back