which saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one makes for the nicest "hopped" up saw?

• Stihl 088

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Stihl 046

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Husqvarna 3120

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Hsuqvarna 385

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

tundraotto

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
now all brands and delicacies aside, which saw do you think lends itself most to basterdizing by these fine fellows of ours?(you and they know who they are) :confused:

I know theres a lot of good ones so name one since I could only pick 4 of them so I tried to make it fair.:)

You'll be up to about 20 if you count the auctions on eBay. Anyone want a Huskyvarnya?

yeah - sorry for the spelling, fingers get really swollen compared to the keys after large amounts of beer:D

yes apparently I cant spell either, but thats nothing new, and Ill take the 385 if anyones giving them away

I voted for the 385 for woods saw mods. When you start getting into full race hotsaws, however, probably the 3120. On alcohol with a little bit of nitro thrown in for good measure and tweaked within an inch of it's life for small log and cant racing, the 3120 can run upwards of 30 HP compared to a stock 8 or 9 (or whatever it is).

Originally posted by Dennis
385..light...has [email protected] reminds me of the chainsaw massacre...lol....the 3120 certainly needs improvements and does well..very well, with them(improvements) .....but i like the 385...

which one seems more tuned from the factory Dennis, the 3120 or the 088? I guess they both get up to the same level like the boys proved last week. Does one involve more/harder work than the other?:confused:

PS. What is the current saw to use on buffalo?

Latest posts

Back