who has a power tuned 357?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Huskyman....lol..yeah that is what I hear...I am going to be running a 357 that I built for Jokers (Russ) today...I am impressed with the 357 that is for sure...I will time some cuts tomorrow after the saw is broken in a bit...

I am very happy with mine. With a good sharp chain, it will make ya grin. Walkers did mine, I'm sure Dennis, KD and probably others on the list do a fine job as well.;)

hi I am very intrested in the gains you have gotten off that Walkeized 357 eg; hp what have you gained from your investment of $200 (can.) bucks i have been thinking of getting 2 of the 357, i have 2 old 257 (97's) and they are great ground saw , das the hp gain moved the saw into the 60 cc class 4.2 hp
would love to know

lawrence martineau

lawrence, I did not get a dyno w/my saw. John told me they didn't dyno everysaw they slicked. Told me he would send me a recent 357 dyno, but I never got it. Would be an interesting comparison, like the 346/2149 or whatever, (Dennis?). I expect that 357 is in the 5.5 hp range.;)

Hey Dennis, No, I think I was just thinking ahead to my next post, (Stock 'n' Chopped), I'm just saying the head to head ya'll had in the "creative marketing", post was very informative, (and interesting). It would be great to see that head to head for a variety of saws. Of course, paid for by the subscribing rag (see above thread).

Mike...aahh..I see....yes those comparisons were actually alot of fun...as we got to sit down and watch the video over and over, and time cuts with the saws....fortunately...the bill was footed by Doug Babcock with the 2149...and John Lambert with the 346..All I did was build the saws.....Rotax made all the cuts...so we didnt have discrepancies that way....I think it is a very good test of the saws...and yeah I would like to do more....Rotax and I will be testing his 084 and 088 double ender on about the 15th..see if we cant gain any extra power out of it...maybe I will pipe RBtrees 3120 for that week if he doesnt get too ancy and want it back...lol..(reading this Rog?) I still love the magazine idea!!

Oh, i guarantee you I'm antsy, ya plank disadvantaged canuckian bum. Gollyyy, Why i put up with such trash, I'll never know. Guess I arter'da listened to mum eons ago. Oh well.....

Wonder if, come Monday, I'll have to use my Walkerized 335 for the 4.5 foot butt cut on the next badass maple. Dont reckon you'd dare show your face with personalized delivery, say right to the jobsite......gee, where's that address, Miss sexratary? afraid A limb'd fall on yer 'ead, prolly........

Sorry to hear you're so skeered 'o hites......

.......back to the padded cell

Short 'of good stuff to smoke in that pipe? lemme see what i can do.........

........o dealer maan, rasta man need wahcky ta...... oh never mind.

So you think i want a 3x3 muffler AND a two foot long one?

Hmmm

ooookkkkedok!!!!?

Rog...dude...check yourself in to Betty Ford...lmao...get hit in the head with your second plank??

Mike..a "double ender" is a bar with a powerhead on each end..one pushing ..one pulling....the pics I have of Roberts saws..are too big to post..

Dennis,
Aren't they both pulling? on opposite sides of the bar?pushing chain doesn't seem right.Guess you've gotta be real careful not to run out of gas in the cut,be hard to refuel.

Huh?? Hey, could somebody get me a rag to get the blood outta m' ear.......?

....puleeze

When I cranked it up to eighty to ketch up to that nubile wench, I forgot about the blind air, flew off between two huge doug fir, tried to do a 90 in flight, but remembered Newton's law don't werk that way. The smallish hemlock didnt fare too well, but neither did the ear........

... then i woke up

Back