Who is Katie Hotsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xander9727

The Silverback
Reaction score
I heard of this site from a guy named John Lambert. I was trying to get ahold of a friend in Missouri and accidentally mis-dialed the area code. A man with a funny sounding voice and an accent I had never heard before answered the phone. Unaware I had mis-dialed I ask to speak to Rick. He said "No, eh there's no Rick here eh. Where ya callin' from"? I told him I was calling from Cincinnati and asked again to speak to rick. Totally oblivious to what I was saying he started talking about ebay and chainsaws. Everytime I tried to speak he would just speak faster and louder. He kept spouting off numbers about cut times and pipes. I started to think he might be a marijuana dealer. Still unable to get a word in edgewise and not wanting to be rude I agreed to buy a chainsaw from him. I told him I have two crab apple trees and a dogwood I need to trim. He told me the saw I needed is a Stihl 088 with a 14" bar. He also said that the saw doesn't run right from the factory and that it would be "Dog slow" and "run to hot". Is this because the saw is built for Canada where it's cold all the time and the people who have jobs aren't really in a hurry to get anything done? He said to log on to this site and get in contact with a Katie Hotsaw. Apparently she is a real saw guru. I'm not really sexist but I have to admit that I was suprised that "one of the top saw builders" is a woman. Anyways I'm sure all of the people on this site are subject matter experts like John says he is and I wanted to find out if I made the right decision. I've noticed most of the post on this site are about increasing the power of the saws. Does an 088 have enough power for pruning? Will it run to hot in Ohio? Should I have it modified by Katie? I appreciate all of you taking time out of your busy schedules to help.

Hi there, not sure of your name, but I vaguely recall the time you phoned. I remember not taking the call seriously because of your accent. I just thought it was Doug or Ken or Dennis or Rotax disguising their voice, so I just launched into what I thought was a good comeback. I hope I didnt lose a sale.
Anyway, here's the Big Kahoona, I was thinking of selling it so I could buy a 346 and a 385, cause I have 4 more 088's new in the box.
Gypo

Nice saw Gypo

And I was feelin' bad cause the waf is mad `cause I keep mine in the back room. Hmmmm - - - I think the weedeater ought to look pretty good over the piano.

Katie Hotasw is the chick in Mike Maas' avatar. ( If not, she should be.)

Back