Who loves a 441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a stihl historian, but the ms441 was met with Luke warm reviews in my OPINION for 2 main reasons because it was so new and had a few early issues, had so many changes to the long standing and respected 440/044 chassis and chainsaw guys are old school by nature. The second downfall is that the ms441 is nearly identical weight to the more powerful and traditional ms460. So the ms460 had a better power to weight ratio and the old tried and true chassis that many were used to and respected.

For those that give m tronic a chance it really does bring a lot to the table. As Brad stated above the C is MS441C designates m tronic on this models and the absence of the carb adjustment screws is the other giveaway.

The ms441 is currently not available for dealers, there are some that still have old stock. Parts are still readily available and there is carryover from other chassis such as the ms362c in parts compatibility. Why it is not available currently is anyone's guess at this point, will it be introduced in a lighter gen 2 like we've seen with the ms261c gen 2s???? Will it be discontinued all together because it's a bridge between a 362 and 460???? Don't want to speculate or destroy your thread with conspiracy theories, but know this, the ms441 size and power makes it a versatile saw, and it is loaded with some of the most advanced features stihl has to offer. And many of us that own one, wouldn't trade for another model, we are happy with our pourage is just right ms441.

Lots of opinions in this post so please take it as just that. I'm middle of the road experience wise around here and have time on ms440, ms660, ms661 and now my ms441c and to me I couldn't be happier.

If the saw is in good shape and better yet of its m tronic it sounds like a good setup that will serve you well

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fantastic post!

a7c805835b2c8239c8eb0feb777ba0e3.jpg
this is mine.

Ok. Saw the pics. It's NOT a 441C. It's a 441 magnum and it's really clean. What's the difference between magnum and non? I've heard jets and dual port mufflers and I've heard nothing.

As far as I understand there are two basic 441 models that stihl produced the 441c denotes it has the m tronic system, and the NON-C model denotes standard carburetor. As to your specific question to the best of my understanding all the 441 saws were considered "magnum" and that does not indicate any additional features. As discussed above the 441 is a great all around saw and of the condition is good and your comfortable with the deal that saw should serve you very well.

Hope this helps

Keep us posted on the purchase

Jason

I really appreciate y'all. I would say I get 75-80 percent of my info from forums. This is by far the most knowledgeable and laid-back site I've been on. I tried to + rep y'all but I don't know how. I will when I get it figured out. :) :clap::happybanana::cheers::numberone:

When are you getting the saw?
So for $600 youd be getting a 441, 24 & 27" bars and a total of 4 chains? (2 of each size)
Yhats a very fair deal especially if its a lightly used and clean saw.

I'm supposed to go over there this Thursday. He sent pics and the paint's not even rubbed off the bar. You can tell it was a homeowner saw. I've checked CL all around here. There isn't anything close to that. Couple of 044's for around the same price in worse cond. and no extra bar or chain.

You're getting a great deal on that saw buy it and don't turn back. 600 bucks bro saw in that condition with all those extras so long as it is never been straight gassed or had E85 through it you're getting a great saw a very fair price which is hard to find in craigslist land…

Did he send pictures of the extra bar, if the shorter bar looks that good im sure he never touched the bigger one.
Dont walk.....RUN

Not me , I don't understand Stihl size to cc . a normal company this would about 41 cc sure this is not right . A wink from a fat chick there is not much love. The info from the sthil site well got this saw you can look cool an buy it all you need to know . No way love even if like these saws

Back