Who loves a 441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:drinking:
Not me , I don't understand Stihl size to cc . a normal company this would about 41 cc sure this is not right . A wink from a fat chick there is not much love. The info from the sthil site well got this saw you can look cool an buy it all you need to know . No way love even if like these saws
:wtf:

I don't have much experience with saws, but I bought a used 441 non m-tronic from a member here and I like it. I only have a McCulloch 650 and Stihl 251 c-be to compare to, though. The 441 weighs about the same as the 650 yet is much more powerful.
I recently switched to an 8 pin with a 20" bar and full chisel now that I've gotten decent at hand filing, and it seems to cut great. I also run a 7 pin with a 25" bar for my homemade Alaskan sawmill I built a few weeks ago. It's about all the saw wants to handle, but works well enough for me. Great on gas compared to the 650.

I'd love to find an m-tronic to compare to, but I fear I'll just want it permanently.

I've also run friends' 075 and 084. While they're beasts compared to the 441, I'll gladly keep what I have. There's not enough big trees where I'm at in Indiana to justify those huge saws (even for milling) as I'd lose the dual purpose role of the 441. I can fell a tree and limb and buck it without feeling like I'm carrying a 50 pound bag of feed around.
How 'bout some of those sawmill pics, doc? (sorry, too much Looney Tunes)

Not me , I don't understand Stihl size to cc . a normal company this would about 41 cc sure this is not right . A wink from a fat chick there is not much love. The info from the sthil site well got this saw you can look cool an buy it all you need to know . No way love even if like these saws
I was j/k aok, what did you mean?

Ok. Got the saw. Looks really nice. Came with a new 18 in. e bar, a pretty nice 20 es that you can see in the pics and a slightly warped 28 es. The nose is bent a little on the 28. Those can be replaced but I'm not sure where to take it. Stihl dealer?
Any tips on how to straighten it?

Also. Still not sure about doing a mm on a non mtronic 441. Anything different about the mufflers?

I turned the oiler up, got it razor sharp, filed the rakers and went to town. That is one smooth running saw. It tried to bog one time, in a crotch. Otherwise it was money. 20in bar, yellow chain. Very happy. Thanks, y'all!

Back