Who sells a stand-alone (not 3 pto) cordwood/buzz saw please?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one of mine, it's PTO driven,

standard.jpg

Although i haven't used it in some time, it does work well.

SR

firewood

Not quite what I was after but interesting so thought I'd post it:

[video=youtube;ILiYo0ymewE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILiYo0ymewE&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/video]

The EU machinery standards are much stricter than ours and these units refuce the chance of becoming entangled in them because of all the guarding. I can see using either one to cut 12 inch blocks for splitting later.

I would certainly recommend the unit in the foreground as it would make a lot of 12-18 inch cordwood. I would imagine that you can order the double saw with custom cutting length sizes.

About the firewood;
They have a lot of pole wood growing in the EU since WW2 and the long cuts are easier to deal with as they spilit from small diameter blocks. :popcorn:

firewood

The EU machinery standards are much stricter than ours and these units refuce the chance of becoming entangled in them because of all the guarding. I can see using either one to cut 12 inch blocks for splitting later.

I would certainly recommend the unit in the foreground as it would make a lot of 12-18 inch cordwood. I would imagine that you can order the double saw with custom cutting length sizes.

About the firewood;
They have a lot of pole wood growing in the EU since WW2 and the long cuts are easier to deal with as they spilit from small diameter blocks. :popcorn:

Balfor makes one sold in NA by easternfarmmachinery.com

Attachments

• IMG_8990.jpg
    IMG_8990.jpg
    124.7 KB
  • foto%203.jpg
    foto%203.jpg
    95.7 KB
I have a couple. One I bought and was using then my dad wanted to use it and converted it to a 3 point hitch and PTO powered.
The other one I bought it has MH markings and I thought it may have been MFG years ago by Massey Harris. it mounts to the frame of my Massey Model 30, 33, 44, and the 55 perfect like they were made for each other.

I think it would be a very simple thing to add a pair of legs and a stand alone engine like a Predator 13 to 22hp engine to run it.

:D Al

Any one armed man at an antique auction would sell you one of piecies of $hit

I have 2 and have cut a fair bit with them. I also used to help a neighbour that had a belt driven one for years. Any idiot can hurt himself if he tries hard enough. There are even people that can fall up stairs.
Google videos of shingle mill and you will see how safe a buzz saw is. This is a newer style one.

Sawyer Rob you have to remember back when most all firewood was cut with a buzz rig not very manyif any were college grads, so operators had common scene. There also were not to many chain saws owned by the average farmer and none of the city slickers had the muscles to even lift one of the old chain saws.

I bet more arms and legs were lost to corn pickers.

:D Al

Back