wood dust in the carb hard on the saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scoring does not equal wear.... I think most everyone realises this except the guy who claims to be a mensa member and a engineer...
Scoring most definitely is one mechanism of wear. If you were an engineer you would know that.

Seizing and scoring are to terms that describe the same thing.
Scoring is not wearing something out you lieing POS.
No, they are not. Seizing means the parts stop moving and are stuck together. And there are many kinds of wear. On a microscopic level, all wear is a kind of scoring. Wear means removing material. That can happen over time gradually, leaving a polished surface with grooving not visible to the naked eye. It can also happen rapidly with contamination, leaving visible grooves.

No, they are not. Seizing means the parts stop moving and are stuck together. And there are many kinds of wear. On a microscopic level, all wear is a kind of scoring. Wear means removing material. That can happen over time gradually, leaving a polished surface with grooving not visible to the naked eye. It can also happen rapidly with contamination, leaving visible grooves.
The pieces of the piston that have adhered to the cylinder wall are no longer moving smart guy.
I'll repeat because you are slow. Scoring in a chainsaw is not normal wear.

The pieces of the piston that have adhered to the cylinder wall are no longer moving smart guy.
I'll repeat because you are slow. Scoring in a chainsaw is not normal wear.
Who said it was normal? But it is still wear, apparently caused very rapidly.

No I am not...
This is tiring. You are a puerile ignoranus who cannot admit when he is wrong, nor make a cogent argument as to why you hold your position. Assertion is not a valid argument. If you think you can prove that viscosity = film strength, have at it. (I already know you cannot, but your attempt could be amusing.)

This is tiring. You are a puerile ignoranus who cannot admit when he is wrong, nor make a cogent argument as to why you hold your position. Assertion is not a valid argument. If you think you can prove that viscosity = film strength, have at it. (I already know you cannot, but your attempt could be amusing.)
My argument was made long ago and was in fact very reasonable and correct. I think most of the guys here grasped it perfectly.
Perhaps you should go back to school so you can spell ignoramus properly?

Latest posts

Back