wood dust in the carb hard on the saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you make a diagnosis without seeing the damage? I trust my dealer's judgement. I don't trust yours.
My guess is you will still trust your dealer when you take a burned up 500i in and they tell you airborne Sea Monkey's (like you used to order off the back of 1960's comic books) took out he piston and sell you a 661.

My guess is you will still trust your dealer when you take a burned up 500i in and they tell you airborne Sea Monkey's (like you used to order off the back of 1960's comic books) took out he piston and sell you a 661.
What sign should you buy a saw. I know it is bad to plant when the sign is in the head, or harvest with the sign in the foot. Or, what sign would you change spark plugs ?

My argument was made long ago and was in fact very reasonable and correct. I think most of the guys here grasped it perfectly.
Perhaps you should go back to school so you can spell ignoramus properly?
Your argument was not based on anything but your say-so. You cannot make an argument that viscosity equates to film strength, because it does not. They are different phenomena with different dimensions, which I proved. I also stated that today's synthetic 0W-20 oils have a higher film strength that the straight 40 weight oils of the 1960s, which you must know is true if you really work in the oil industry. That further proves the point. And my spelling was intentional. Think about it.

Are you trying to compete with Bwalker for being a troll? Forget about it. He is much worse than you will ever be.

Your argument was not based on anything but your say-so. You cannot make an argument that viscosity equates to film strength, because it does not. They are different phenomena with different dimensions, which I proved. I also stated that today's synthetic 0W-20 oils have a higher film strength that the straight 40 weight oils of the 1960s, which you must know is true if you really work in the oil industry. That further proves the point. And my spelling was intentional. Think about it.
Within a hydrodynamic lube regime they are basically the same thing. If you truly understood what film strength is you would understand this.
Your mention of a 0W20 oil vs. a SAE40 oil of yesterday year proves you have a minimal understanding of the concept. Has it occurred to you why diesel engines typicly run a 15w40 oil?
In addition your are completely clueless on saws, their failure modes, etc. This is apparent to all of us. And this isn't the end of your cluelessness.

Are you trying to compete with Bwalker for being a troll? Forget about it. He is much worse than you will ever be.
Nope- just being honest- your dealer (if he indeed suggested the "fines" that fell in an open spark plug hole took out your 441) saw you coming and not only sold you a brand new saw- kept your old one to repair one he had in stock so won twice on the deal.
Now he is just waiting for the next round.

Nope- just being honest- your dealer (if he indeed suggested the "fines" that fell in an open spark plug hole took out your 441) saw you coming and not only sold you a brand new saw- kept your old one to repair one he had in stock so won twice on the deal.
Now he is just waiting for the next round.
In addition the lieing POS is likely lieing about the price of the 500I. He likely took it in the shorts on the trade in of the4 41 he damaged through stupidity and ignorance.
I believe nothing he says at this point.

Within a hydrodynamic lube regime they are basically the same thing. If you truly understood what film strength is you would understand this.
Your mention of a 0W20 oil vs. a SAE40 oil of yesterday year proves you have a minimal understanding of the concept. Has it occurred to you why diesel engines typicly run a 15w40 oil?
In addition your are completely clueless on saws, their failure modes, etc. This is apparent to all of us. And this isn't the end of your cluelessness.
You clearly do not understand film strength, or you would not post such drivel. Look up the units of each. In English units, viscosity has units of lb/ft-h; film strength has units of psi. When you have published 45 technical articles on fluid dynamics topic and 2 books, I may begin to respect your knowledge. But it is clear to me that you lack the technical knowledge to understand any aspect of fluid flow or fluid physical properties. As for 15W40 oil, it depends on the manufacturer and engine. My Ford F350 with the 6.7 liter turbodiesel runs 5W-40, per the manufacturer's recommendation. My Mahindra 5035 HST runs 15W40. You might say that a tractor is heavier duty use, which may be true most of the time, but the Ford engine puts out far more power per cubic inch than the Mahindra engine and revs higher before reaching redline, so that is not a clearcut case. The Ford can work pretty hard pulling a heavy trailer up mountain roads, which I have done a number of times.

In addition the lieing POS is likely lieing about the price of the 500I. He likely took it in the shorts on the trade in of the4 41 he damaged through stupidity and ignorance.
I believe nothing he says at this point.
Care to bet money on that? And learn how to spell "lying". And now you are admitting that I damaged the saw due to sawdust falling into the cylinder, it seems. And yes, it was stupid and careless on my part. But I can learn from my mistakes. You wallow in yours.

Care to bet money on that? And learn how to spell "lying". And now you are admitting that I damaged the saw due to sawdust falling into the cylinder, it seems. And yes, it was stupid and careless on my part. But I can learn from my mistakes. You wallow in yours.
No I am not admitting that. What I am saying is Mensa member and engineer should have been able to recognize a lean condition before it lost compression.
Of course you are the same jag off that can't under stand why two different fuels might require different carb tuning...that's a fine example of engineer know how there!

You clearly do not understand film strength, or you would not post such drivel. Look up the units of each. In English units, viscosity has units of lb/ft-h; film strength has units of psi. When you have published 45 technical articles on fluid dynamics topic and 2 books, I may begin to respect your knowledge. But it is clear to me that you lack the technical knowledge to understand any aspect of fluid flow or fluid physical properties. As for 15W40 oil, it depends on the manufacturer and engine. My Ford F350 with the 6.7 liter turbodiesel runs 5W-40, per the manufacturer's recommendation. My Mahindra 5035 HST runs 15W40. You might say that a tractor is heavier duty use, which may be true most of the time, but the Ford engine puts out far more power per cubic inch than the Mahindra engine and revs higher before reaching redline, so that is not a clearcut case. The Ford can work pretty hard pulling a heavy trailer up mountain roads, which I have done a number of times.
But both are 40w viscosity oils when warm. Why do you suppose that is?
It's you who clearly doesn't have even the most remote clue about motor mechanics and lubrication.

Provide a list of the books and papers. I would love to read them.

No I am not admitting that. What I am saying is Mensa member and engineer should have been able to recognize a lean condition before it lost compression.
Of course you are the same jag off that can't under stand why two different fuels might require different carb tuning...that's a fine example of engineer know how there!
Apparently you do not know that the 441C is an M-tronic model, which autotunes. My older saw was an 038 Super, which was manually tuned, and I knew how to do it.

The auto tune/ m-tronic can go lean as well. they compensate a lot for an air leak, but the normal tell tail signs are still there as with any saw.
In any case, the problems that led me to get rid of the saw all began when I changed the spark plug. And the dealer actually tried to talk me out of the 500i, saying it was too expensive for a firewood saw. They suggested a smaller model. I don't see an advantage to them to sell me the only 500i they had at a price well below MSRP. And saws are not their main business. It was a farm implement dealer, that sold Kubota, Case, New Holland and other brands of tractors, excavators, combines, planters, etc. I can't see moving saw inventory would make much difference to such a dealer.

But both are 40w viscosity oils when warm. Why do you suppose that is?
It's you who clearly doesn't have even the most remote clue about motor mechanics and lubrication.
I was aware of that. But what is the advantage for heavy equipment to having poorer cold flow characteristics? And why do you imply that 15W40 is necessarily a better lubricant for heavy duty equipment when you admit the viscosity is the same at operating temperature? Your reasoning is inconsistent.

I was aware of that. But what is the advantage for heavy equipment to having poorer cold flow characteristics? And why do you imply that 15W40 is necessarily a better lubricant for heavy duty equipment when you admit the viscosity is the same at operating temperature? Your reasoning is inconsistent.
You're the thermo dynamics expert, you tell me...

Back