Wow...$150.00

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i talked to the guy some more about the poulan in my area. Its a 3400 unfortnately:mad: I was gonna offer him $35 for i but the girlfriend wouldnt let me:mad:

85 cc 5400

I have one resting on a shelf waiting for big wood, it is wearing a 24"
B&C, capable of running longer, may use it next week.

Parts: some major mechanical parts may be getting hard to find, carburetor
kits no problem, I have one coming for the 69 cc 4200 that uses the same repair
kit. Lawnmower Tech might could help with other parts if needed.

ASFAIK, the Tillotson HS 168A on the 4200 & the HS 176A on 5400 both
use RK-23HS repair kit.

Ok off to get the saw...I will post pictures when I get back.:hmm3grin2orange:

ignore Brad on post # 3

He posted on another thread that he wanted a 5200.
If you need help on repair, post on the Poulan thread. Modified Mark & others
know these old beasts inside & out.

If that had been anywhere close to me I would have been knocking on the door. Since I wasn't, I will consider your trip the first leg on getting it back to Richmond.

If you decide the saw is not for you I would be willing to trade a running 3400 and some green for it. In the alternative, if you keep the saw I would be willing to buy the bow attachment as I just discovered that my 4000 has the bow clutch cover and it will bolt back up.

It probably isn't fair to keep this saw from his family here in Virginia....

Poulan3400bowsaw2007.jpg

She is home and tucked in safely

Ok boys and well boys....she is home and tucked in for the night. Had 150 pounds of compression, Oregon 20in bar, bow and chain, a bag of goodies files etc....more screnches (sp) than I will ever be able to use.

Not sure I will ever give this one up. Started on the 1st pull. I am hooked.

Here are some pictures....Oh and a 100 dollar bill brought it all home. I am gloating on the inside;)

I will consider your trip the first leg on getting it back to Richmond.
Hey ! Don't be cuttin' the line ! (see post #2 & 4)
Plus, you're swimming in green bows already ! LOL

Last edited:
I am trying to upload a picture ..not working...give me a little while

Don't trouble yourself. I'll put up a video when it gets here. LOL

Ok boys and well boys....she is home and tucked in for the night. Had 150 pounds of compression, Oregon 20in bar, bow and chain, a bag of goodies files etc....more screnches (sp) than I will ever be able to use.

Here are some pictures....Oh and a 100 dollar bill brought it all home. I am gloating on the inside;)
Im pissed:bang: I was considering driving to houston to get a 026 pro! I never thought to click on the east texas section of craigslist. That baby would of been home with me already:angry:

O well goodluck! Throw a 28" on it and let it eat:chainsawguy:

attachment.php

here is one I have to resize the rest of them it might take me a little while

Glad you got it, don't blame you for wanting to keep that one. I would have been surprised if you would not have wanted to. Great deal also.

If that is one of those Oregon Laser Lite hard tip bars... ditch it for a sprocket tip like an Oregon Powermatch and you'll be happier. Ditch that weird chain too... :)

Nice saw!

Gary

Great saw you got there!!:clap: I think I would do like Gary said, and get Oregon Power Match bar. About the biggest ya can find now days in that mount is 28" But, can use a large Husky mount bar on them too. With a little adaptation.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Will do on the bar and chain...not sure what size to get...whats the max, as if I need one much longer, that this saw should run?

Thanks to everyone for the help..and the congrats...and for trying to talk me into selling it to them.

Back