Yeee Haawwww!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolmaker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a new MS 460 a couple of months ago, and wanted an 026 to go with it. My dealer called me today, he took an 026 in on trade, doesn't seem to be used enough to be broken in. Got it for 200 bucks! Some of you guys seem to have a lot of saws, but I am tickled to have this pair. Needless to say, I breathed in a lot of 2-stroke fumes today. Color me happy!

Congrats on the deal on your 026. With the current EPA mandates, they will barely turn the chain until you open the muffler and get them broken in. I was severely disappointed in mine until I opened the muffler and ran a few tanks of fuel through it. Now it cuts great, and seems stronger every time I use it.

Congrats Toolmaker, you've got two fo the finest saws on the market. Be nice to them and be careful.

No... 026 and 046M. Although, your suggestions are fine as well Otto.

hey fish;

PSSSFFFTTTT

the "Just say no to Stihl" man

toolmaker,

sorry bout the outdated saws...

but to make em purr, ya really gotta let 'em breathe. That new 046 has an exhaust port the size of a flea's bungho**. I used to think the older ones were restrictive. Good thing Husky knows how to make a saw pass EPA, as theirs are quite a bit more spacious.

Recently, I spent 30 minutes making two ports on an 036, total hole area at least 4x stock, and gained over 20% in cutting speed.

Had to run out for more beer, which is difficult on Sunday in
Baptist country.
Only electrolux saws can interchange parts.
A wild realtree beaver has a ring to it though.

Latest posts

Back