"You Suck" Thread 2023"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if less than 3C given , stolen . :surprised3:
Are you trying to say the saw was stolen and flipped?

I think not being the owner retired from the same union I did and he isnt hurting for money to stoop low like alot of pos folks in this world. ;)
Man you should see where he lives back in the middle of no where. Beautiful spot with woods surrounding land and pond. :cheers:

Some things I did go in and fix along with a deep cleaning.

Attachments

• h61switch.jpg
    h61switch.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 0
  • h61casee.jpg
    h61casee.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0
  • h61carbb.jpg
    h61carbb.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 0
  • h61carb.jpg
    h61carb.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 0
  • h61case.jpg
    h61case.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
  • h61j670.jpg
    h61j670.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • h61before.jpg
    h61before.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, I think so too. Just checked: I'm missing a piston stop - which I wouldn't use anyways - , a puller for 015s which I didn't miss the last time I disassembled one and one M5 screw. Gonna learn how to set the timing on my points and condenser 031, now that I have the tools 😂

Very nice, where from Europe du you come from if you don`t mind asking.
This genuie stihl tools are very hard to get ahold of.

Best regards!
Danke.

😀
Graz um genau zu sein. Davor Wien.
Hab sofort zugeschlagen als ich das Set gesehen hab. Nicht lang verhandelt, gleich gekauft.

Danke.

😀
Graz um genau zu sein. Davor Wien.
Hab sofort zugeschlagen als ich das Set gesehen hab. Nicht lang verhandelt, gleich gekauft.

The country of Stubai and Müller, 2 manufacturers I've been looking into recently :). I've been there a few times, but that's a decade or 2 ago.

Already bought an Ochsenkopf splitting axe, from Germany, trying to add some quality European made axes, splitting axes, mauls, ... to my inventory (well, I hope they are effectively all made in-country, it's what they claim in any case).
Funny how they include what they call 'Canadian style' axes, double heads for example, in their inventory, but also how Müller has an 'Ardennes' (south part of my country) style axe on offer:

https://mueller-hammerwerk.at/shop/forst-und-spaltaexte/ardennen-axt/

On topic: not sure if it qualifies for this thread, but a few days ago I picked up an 034 for €80. Wanted an 036 or 034 super, but anyway, I could convert it, especially if the cylinder is bad. No b/c, saw doesn't start, and a little crack in the exhaust. Motor turns freely though and compression seems to be really quite ok. Wonder what the insides will look like :) .

The country of Stubai and Müller, 2 manufacturers I've been looking into recently :). I've been there a few times, but that's a decade or 2 ago.

Already bought an Ochsenkopf splitting axe, from Germany, trying to add some quality European made axes, splitting axes, mauls, ... to my inventory (well, I hope they are effectively all made in-country, it's what they claim in any case).
Funny how they include what they call 'Canadian style' axes, double heads for example, in their inventory, but also how Müller has an 'Ardennes' (south part of my country) style axe on offer:

On topic: not sure if it qualifies for this thread, but a few days ago I picked up an 034 for €80. Wanted an 036 or 034 super, but anyway, I could convert it, especially if the cylinder is bad. No b/c, saw doesn't start, and a little crack in the exhaust. Motor turns freely though and compression seems to be really quite ok. Wonder what the insides will look like :) .
We like to look 🤠😎

Nothing special to see, but I'll try to take some pics later :) .
Maybe with the cylinder removed, but I have to find time to work on it first.
Sometimes I wish I didn't have to spend most of a day's time on my job, and be able to work on my own projects all day long, but I guess I'm not the only one with that sentiment :D.

Edit: nice to see some/more European folks here. I've been to Poland once, roadtrip from north to south (Baltic sea, Malbork Castle, Warszawa, Kraków, and so, so much more...). Really nice country!

Have you ever tried one of the "ardennen" style axes? Almost looks like a pickaroon.

Have you ever tried one of the "ardennen" style axes? Almost looks like a pickaroon.
No I haven't, but I'd sure like to. In fact, I go on holiday to the Ardennes (which is a region in the south of Belgium, in the French speaking part) most years, in a cabin or camping, and a guy living there gave me such an axe head, made by a blacksmith from a village nearby:

20240905_203311.jpg
(seems like I should have positioned that measure better, but anyway)

20240905_203210.jpg

Seems like it was repaired (the weld).
Still have to try and make a handle for it, can't find one commercially. Gotta source some ash first, though.

They were the typical felling axes of that region:

signal-2024-08-28-163402_002.jpeg

'Bûcheron' means lumberjack, 'Meuse' is a river ('Maas' in my language).

There was also a smaller version, used by climbers: https://www.mot.be/resource/Tool/topping-axe?lang=en

We like to look 🤠😎
So, I quickly cleaned and blew off the saw and started to take it apart... things aren't great, but that's always the risk you take, buying a cheap saw 'as is'.

Piston is toast, exhaust side is bad, rings completely stuck:

signal-2024-09-05-205614.jpeg

Weird that when doing a drop test, the compression didn't seem to be too bad. The cylinder was quite greasy, maybe that made a difference?

I might be able to salvage the (Mahle) cylinder, but i'm not sure... it doesn't exactly look great:

20240905_201138.jpg

20240905_201154.jpg

My experience is limited, but I haven't seen an exhaust design like this one yet:

20240905_202249.jpg

The crack in the front part:

20240905_202325.jpg

Some more pics:

20240905_202505.jpg

20240905_202525.jpg

I think the carb is an aftermarket one, still have to remove it. The air filter, of the mesh type, is black, I'm guessing that's aftermarket too, as far as I know the Stihl ones are white.

If I can't clean up the cylinder, I'm probably gonna buy an 036 Meteor or Highway cylinder for it... Obviously gotta pressure/vac test it too, quite a chance it has a leak (unless you can get such damage by running it with too lean carb settings and/or a dull chain?). The metal collar around the intake boot was quite loose, so I'm hoping that if there's a leak, it's there :) .

Latest posts

Back