16,000 pound piece of fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's difficult to appreciate the size of it until you get to the last picture.

WOW.​

EDIT: It was supposed to be a thumbs up, not a frown - up there in the top left corner...

Last edited:
WOW!! Great pics, I just dont think I would be standing under that.

WOW!

thats exactly what i was thinking!
kinda' looks like he was talking on the phone in the one pic.

:cheers:

LMAO!

Last edited:
The crane is a 90 ton crane from Able Crane. They did an exellent job.
The rigging was a triple line block on the crane, two 10,000 lbs slings and two 1 inch steel chokers.
The pony tail girl is......... well she might not want me to put her name on the net.
The tree is a black oak.
The wood is going in a roll off dumpster but it is not going to the land fill, it is going to be made into fire wood.
There was five of these loads.

Last edited:
90 ton crane must be nice to work with. We use a 22ton and a 50ton crane on a regular basis but I have wanted a bigger crane on a few occasions thats for sure.

Not quite 16,000 pounds, but not too far away!

Log.jpg

nice butt log! is that thing going for firewood too?

Yeah, eventually, if I ever get it cut up. I wanted to sell it to a sawmill but none of them have equipment to handle a log that size and they also said they won't mill anything that grew along a road. It eats chains for breakfast, one cut through that thing and I gotta touch my chain up. All of the blocks will have to be quartered before I even think about splitting them, and I need some serious wedges just to finish my cuts, or else it will close in on the bar and trap my saw!

Latest posts

Back