16,000 pound piece of fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LarryTheCableGuy

LarryTheCableGuy

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's difficult to appreciate the size of it until you get to the last picture.

WOW.​

EDIT: It was supposed to be a thumbs up, not a frown - up there in the top left corner...

Last edited:
joesawer

joesawer

Addicted to ArboristSite
The crane is a 90 ton crane from Able Crane. They did an exellent job.
The rigging was a triple line block on the crane, two 10,000 lbs slings and two 1 inch steel chokers.
The pony tail girl is......... well she might not want me to put her name on the net.
The tree is a black oak.
The wood is going in a roll off dumpster but it is not going to the land fill, it is going to be made into fire wood.
There was five of these loads.

Last edited:
custom8726

custom8726

ArboristSite Guru
90 ton crane must be nice to work with. We use a 22ton and a 50ton crane on a regular basis but I have wanted a bigger crane on a few occasions thats for sure.

AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not quite 16,000 pounds, but not too far away!

Log.jpg

AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
nice butt log! is that thing going for firewood too?

Yeah, eventually, if I ever get it cut up. I wanted to sell it to a sawmill but none of them have equipment to handle a log that size and they also said they won't mill anything that grew along a road. It eats chains for breakfast, one cut through that thing and I gotta touch my chain up. All of the blocks will have to be quartered before I even think about splitting them, and I need some serious wedges just to finish my cuts, or else it will close in on the bar and trap my saw!