Girlfriend Needs A Saw !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually looking into a 550xp that someone has for sale on here now . Those are pretty much the same as a 346 right ?

If you aren't in a rush and can wait a few weeks, you are welcome to run my 550xp to see how you like it. I should have a couple hours to spare the week of Christmas. They are wonderful saws, I couldn't be any happier with mine.

If you aren't in a rush and can wait a few weeks, you are welcome to run my 550xp to see how you like it. I should have a couple hours to spare the week of Christmas. They are wonderful saws, I couldn't be any happier with mine.

Thats most generous of you ! I just might take you up on that !!:)

Actually looking into a 550xp that someone has for sale on here now . Those are pretty much the same as a 346 right ?

Actually it is a totally new design, but it is the replacement for the 346xp. It will pretty much do the same job, and seems like a suitable replacement. :)

My wife is of similar ilk...a true partner on the farm. When I drop tree's for the logs, she usually does the break down of the tops to get them ready for skidding after I have skidded the saw log. Also helps in just about all the things farm related from running the tractors to building fences. As I tried to instill in my step daughters, all these tools are design for people...are u a people??

Welp guys...........I appreciate all the help . Got a lot of good ideas . My girl gave me a clue today that she really liked how the 550xp felt when she picked one up a while ago ! I got my Hint !!!!! Happened that a member had a new one for sale on here.......worked out perfectly :) Ill post a pic of her using her new saw as soon as possible . Thanks again guys....I get a lot of ideas for some saws for myself too !!

ry2yqymy.jpg

Wifey struggling to hold up a Randy 660, didn't say a word, she's a 5th Dan black belt in tae-kickyou :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9210T

She really likes the 90's and back Husqvarnas like I do . So Im thinkin of a nice older Husky that can be worked on if need be . I have had a Husky 44 or 246 or 242 . Seems like the 44's are easier to come across . Im interested in hearing what you guys have to say . My girl is no woose..but I dont want her to get hurt with something thats crazy fast . Thanks guys ! P.S....feel free to let me know if you guys have anything to offer as well :)

OK, sticking with the saws you actually asked about, the 44's are nice little saws. Don't see them too often around here, but if they are plentiful in your neck of the woods then grab a few projects. And from that era I would think you could get them pretty cheap. The hot one on that chassis is the 444, but I'd think that would be a tough find. Internal parts for that chassis are starting to become NLA, as well as things like air filters, so look for a complete saw.

242/246 family is a real favorite of mine. Plenty of power on that light little frame. Best bet for the girlfriend might be the 246 as it has a deco and will be an easier start for your gal.

Back