how many saws do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own any shoes. All I have is a pair of steel toe Summer boots and a pair of steel toe winter boots. Last time I wore shoes was about 7 years ago and I have a fused together big toe to show for that.

How many pairs of shoes do you own? If more than one, why? You can only wear one pair at a time.

I meant two saw is plenty for my needs, I take it you are ass-uming I meant for everyone else too?

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant two saw is plenty for my needs, I take it you are ass-uming I meant for everyone else too?

No need to assume, you wrote it.:D

I'd love to see the outfits you guys run to need 20+ saws. My company is just two guys right now, me and a part time worker. I run the saws, he does the splitter, loading in the trailer, etc. Two saws is plenty.

Easy now guys,.keep it civil. Some of us have way more saws than we could ever use on a day to day basis but its just a hobby like anything else and its way cheaper than collecting cars.

No worries, people like to spend their money on different things. Some people are collectors and others aren't. Different strokes for different folks.

Easy now guys,.keep it civil. Some of us have way more saws than we could ever use on a day to day basis but its just a hobby like anything else and its way cheaper than collecting cars.

how many cars is it ok to have then :msp_wink:

Last edited:
I have 12 chainsaws that all run and two that do not that I keep for parts. Collecting more seems absurd. That's MHO.

You guys that seam to have a limit you put on what it considered an acceptable number of chainsaws don't collect things? How about firearms? You only NEED one so why have more. I know I only have one gun.

Guns vs. Chain Saws?

You guys that seam to have a limit you put on what it considered an acceptable number of chainsaws don't collect things? How about firearms? You only NEED one, so why have more. I know I only have one gun.
I have zero guns. Comparing guns to chain saws seems rather ridiculous. To my knowlege, I cannot use a hand gun to cut down a tree and thus help heat my home. My neighbor just had a tree fall on top of his house. A hand gun would not have helped him remove the tree. I used my saw to help him.

I think i have about two dozen 15 runners 5 projects and rest are homeowner saws all mine are used for my business. It allways gives me a good excuse to by one more. Tax rite off:msp_thumbsup:

I have zero guns. Comparing guns to chain saws seems rather ridiculous. To my knowlege, I cannot use a hand gun to cut down a tree and thus help heat my home. My neighbor just had a tree fall on top of his house. A hand gun would not have helped him remove the tree. I used my saw to help him.

Fantastic, now try eating wood that you cut with your saw. I eat things that I shoot with a firearm. I compared firearms to a saw as nothing more than a collectable item. I collect guns too. Would you believe that I have over 50 of them. :dizzy: I can only shoot one at a time but I do enjoy having them, working on them, building them, fixing them and competing with them just like a saw. I also have more than one kind of cheese in my refrigerator as I like to have a variety. Not all of my socks are white if you can believe it. We (my wife and I) also own more than one automobile if that is something that can even be comprehended. We have 2 sources of heat in our house even though fuel oil would do the job just fine on it's own. :clap:

I'd love to see the outfits you guys run to need 20+ saws. My company is just two guys right now, me and a part time worker. I run the saws, he does the splitter, loading in the trailer, etc. Two saws is plenty.

I have my work saws, then I have my collector saws

Here's some pics of my average yearly woodpiles.
The conveyor is 40ft long and it piles up the wood to about 25ft high.

yard11.jpg

HPIM1222.jpg

HPIM1223.jpg

HPIM1641.jpg

HPIM1639-1.jpg

HPIM1638-1.jpg

HPIM1637-1.jpg

y6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Two. One for limbing (Stihl 460), the other for felling and bucking (Stihl 660). Though been using the limbing saw for bucking for the last couple weeks. I dropped the 660 off at the saw shop over a month ago to have the carb worked on and they are still not done. "We're busy".... yeah... so am I!

Two saws is plenty? That's two more than you can maintain apparently. Waiting over a MONTH for your 660 at the shop with carburetor problems? If you permitted yourself the luxury of a third saw you wouldn't be hurting so bad waiting for another man to repair your equipment. Hard to be high-and-mighty/judgemental here when you're a "my saw is broked, please fix it mr saw mechanic" kinda guy. :laugh:

0. threw them all away.

I call BS. Ain't enough dumpsters in your county to take all those saws at once.

Where? I need to book my plane ticket. :D

And how you gonna haul 'em Mr Polar Bear???:yoyo:

Last edited:
Holy Smokes!

Fantastic, now try eating wood that you cut with your saw. I eat things that I shoot with a firearm. I compared firearms to a saw as nothing more than a collectable item. I collect guns too. Would you believe that I have over 50 of them. :dizzy: I can only shoot one at a time but I do enjoy having them, working on them, building them, fixing them and competing with them just like a saw. I also have more than one kind of cheese in my refrigerator as I like to have a variety. Not all of my socks are white if you can believe it. We (my wife and I) also own more than one automobile if that is something that can even be comprehended. We have 2 sources of heat in our house even though fuel oil would do the job just fine on it's own. :clap:

To each his own. Glad to see that you have more then one source of heat for your house. I don't recall making fun of your gun collection. I had no idea that you owned one. Sorry I blew your fuse. Good Grief! :bowdown:

Back