how many saws do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 12 chainsaws that all run and two that do not that I keep for parts. Collecting more seems absurd. That's MHO.

I thought you only had half that many a year ago.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
then you fixed that Makita and know you have 12. By this time next year you will have doubled that.

Oh I have 3 times as many as you Edwin.

PolarExpressPG-14-15.jpg

U R not foolin' me. That is a Lionel toy train. Not going to haul much with that.

Maybe double headed with two NYC #773 Hudsons you might be able to haul a Homie XL.

[video=youtube;ZjWBw4tZUO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZjWBw4tZUO4#t=116s[/video]

how many cars is it ok to have then :msp_wink:

I think I am down to 16 cars and trucks and 10 tractors, saws are far less expensive and easier to store.

I have my work saws, then I have my collector saws

Here's some pics of my average yearly woodpiles.
The conveyor is 40ft long and it piles up the wood to about 25ft high.

yard11.jpg

HPIM1222.jpg

That there, my friends, is a fire hazard... :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Fantastic, now try eating wood that you cut with your saw. I eat things that I shoot with a firearm. I compared firearms to a saw as nothing more than a collectable item. I collect guns too. Would you believe that I have over 50 of them. :dizzy: I can only shoot one at a time but I do enjoy having them, working on them, building them, fixing them and competing with them just like a saw. I also have more than one kind of cheese in my refrigerator as I like to have a variety. Not all of my socks are white if you can believe it. We (my wife and I) also own more than one automobile if that is something that can even be comprehended. We have 2 sources of heat in our house even though fuel oil would do the job just fine on it's own. :clap:

I have been paid very good money to shoot trees, used a 32" Browning o/u with extra tight chokes, collecting graft wood across the UK, used to get some perplexed looks when people asked us what the deal was, "you're shooting trees?" Wasn't my idea but was recommended practice on private land.

In Scotland I only needed one shotgun, one for Pigeons, one for crows, one for geese, one for clays, one for borrowing and one (Greener lever action single shot, basically the rifle from the film Zulu but shotgun) because I just loved it

I think I am down to 16 cars and trucks and 10 tractors, saws are far less expensive and easier to store.

i buy cars like you do saws ,i might have 20 saws total of about 6-8 saws i actually use,make a living off the car parts so i have to keep buying daily,got 6 cars today ,the tractor bug hasn't got me yet

How many Mingo markers do you go through, a year?

What??:laugh:

That there, my friends, is a fire hazard...

No it is not. :bang::bang:
You don't even know what your looking at. There is space in between some of the piles.
The way the pics are taken you can't see it.There is green wood coming in here all the time,
So it is not just a bunch dry wood sitting there. The wood in split piles is drying and when
it become dry its sold. I sell would year round here. Wood is coming and going out all the time.

The Fire department has been here many times over the years and they always say everything
looks good and clean. They have said as long as I don't make the piles higher then they
are wide. We have been here for 50 years doing this and guess what no fires...never!!!
Don't you know anything about how firewood burns. It does not start up easy and fast like brush or a building on fire.

I picked up one more, freebee mac 250 and I am still on vacation, now I will be bringing home more than took. I am looking at the Boise CL to see if there is any good deals on my way home.

What??:laugh:

You don't even know what your looking at. There is space in between some of the piles.
The way the pics are taken you can't see it.There is green wood coming in here all the time,
So it is not just a bunch dry wood sitting there. The wood in split piles is drying and when
it become dry its sold. I sell would year round here. Wood is coming and going out all the time.

The Fire department has been here many times over the years and they always say everything
looks good and clean. They have said as long as I don't make the piles higher then they
are wide. We have been here for 50 years doing this and guess what no fires...never!!!
Don't you know anything about how firewood burns. It does not start up easy and fast like brush or a building on fire.

and I do believe,,you are more than capable,,of making your own sound decisions....

I'd love to see the outfits you guys run to need 20+ saws. My company is just two guys right now, me and a part time worker. I run the saws, he does the splitter, loading in the trailer, etc. Two saws is plenty.

Need has nothing to do with it . I have around 200 I don't need. I have them because I like them.

You have 2 , that is just fine for you. Some day you may want more ?

Need has nothing to do with it . I have around 200 I don't need. I have them because I like them.

You have 2 , that is just fine for you. Some day you may want more ?

Just because you got 2 junked campers full of saws doesn't mean we all should.

:monkey:

I wish I had a camper to put some in.

Just because you got 2 junked campers full of saws doesn't mean we all should.

:monkey:

I wish I had a camper to put some in.

Ya durn cow ! Them campers is stihl empty ! :hmm3grin2orange:

Not for long ! :hmm3grin2orange:

They was both freebies ! Bet you can find some easy up there ! They don't use them , you guys build igloos ! :hmm3grin2orange:

Have 8 running saws, none of which I really NEED, about 40 guns, none of which I really NEED, and at least 20 pair of boots and shoes,most of which I never wear. The whole bundle cost less than the price of keeping a Hatteras 54 in the water for a year, which I don't have, but some friends of mine who fish claim they NEED. As long as your bills are paid and your kids are fed what difference does it make.

Last edited:

I think Father Guido was just teasing about the hazard...

A few years ago when I had just 4 saws (3 working and one for looking at) I was ready to give the "looker" away and call it good. Then I slipped a bit and went the other way.

Mark

Mark pegged it, the statement was tongue in cheek and I added the smilie. In no way was I trying to suggest that Cliff's operation was a hazard or not safe.

Last edited:
Have 8 running saws, none of which I really NEED, about 40 guns, none of which I really NEED, and at least 20 pair of boots and shoes,most of which I never wear. The whole bundle cost less than the price of keeping a Hatteras 54 in the water for a year, which I don't have, but some friends of mine who fish claim they NEED. As long as your bills are paid and your kids are feed what difference does it make.

Boots and shoes? :msp_ohmy:

Glutton.

Latest posts

Back