how many saws do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seven saws. All work for a living, and my sole source of heat. Range from '78 30 cc Echo to '12 RedMax 40 cc and recent 455r & PP5020. All but a 38 cc Poulan are pretty civilized as to noise level.

Except for the question I don't count them. They're like family.

Before AS, 1.

After, too many but still not enough... :D

only one runner in the stable and that's a friend's... the others need tlc like new crankcase sealant and some general tweaking to full/nearly full rebuilds.

Postman added to my collection today, Masterminded 261, thanks Randy!

Within half hour of opening the box it was dirty :) whoa, this thing is awesome!
Now just the 660 needed,

maybe....

I'd love to see the outfits you guys run to need 20+ saws. My company is just two guys right now, me and a part time worker. I run the saws, he does the splitter, loading in the trailer, etc. Two saws is plenty.

Hahaha is this big nate that borrowed my poulan wood shark and said it almost cut his hand when the chain popped off? now your trying to run a firewood company! you kids crack me up. keep the sharp side in the tree nate dionne!!!

yur buddie Ray!

I have my work saws, then I have my collector saws

Here's some pics of my average yearly woodpiles.
The conveyor is 40ft long and it piles up the wood to about 25ft high.

yard11.jpg

HPIM1222.jpg

HPIM1223.jpg

HPIM1641.jpg

HPIM1639-1.jpg

HPIM1638-1.jpg

HPIM1637-1.jpg

y6.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Do you cut all that firewood, or is it done with a processor?

I only have 6.
2-MS250
MS270
MS290
MS391
MS-441cm

I feel so inadequate that I am going to buy a MS261 today to make myself feel better:msp_w00t:

125 or so @ my house. Got 2 parts saws Wed. Husky 55 and Echo 4600. Was told the Echo would run.
Husky
Dolmar
Jonsered
Solo
Efco
Echo
Stihl
Mac
Homelite
Lombard
Remington
O&R

Shep

Last edited:
Picked up a lot of 31 saws/carcases from the scrapyard in Whitehorse on Thursday
So i figured i would do an inventory of all the piles,ended up with a count of 144.In order of most saws is
Homelite
Stihl
Husky,then Pioneer.
Thomas

A few more since the question was initially asked, I am looking for bigger saws so the acquisition rate is slowing. A few of the notables are a Poulan 4400, Echo 900 and a Pioneer P-65.

Back