Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant say I know him personally, or really at all but through here
I know the regulars have discussed this before but it would be interesting if someone could meet him in person to see if he is on drugs, is just a different bird, or is handicapped. I suspect one of the former but hard to tell just going off writing.

I know the regulars have discussed this before but it would be interesting if someone could meet him in person to see if he is on drugs, is just a different bird, or is handicapped. I suspect one of the former but hard to tell just going off writing.
Never met him but have seen his CL firewood wanted ads. Yes a bit off the wall.

That is odd. I was down to my nearest dealer (John Deere, only 1/2 mile down the road) today and they had TWO , of them on the shelf. That also is odd as this is an agricultural area and it is unlikely anyone but home owner types like me would even see them much less spring for that much money. They mostly just sell but 'fixing' saws is right at the bottom of their priority. I do most of my buying and maintenance at a dealer in Idaho 30 miles away.
New JD dealership just opened a few months ago 3 or 4 miles from me. Sthil gave them a dealership for selling sthil saws and other stuff. They are stocking the cheap home owner saws that my local saw shop refused to sell. Things are already getting interesting at the local saw shop. Seems JD dealer doesnt have anyone that can work on saws. Local saw shop wont stock parts for the cheap saws. So homeowner buy a sthil saw from JD, mess's up the saw somehow. JD dealer that sold him the saw cant fix it and the local saw shop ends up with the saw to fix. Saw mechanic already hates those cheap homeowner saws and now has to work on a saw that he dosent even sale. The home owner has to wait on parts orders to get their saw fixed. Local saw shop already makes more money fixing things than it does selling them. Dont even want to know what is going on with warrantee claims. I suspect in the end that the JD dealer ship is either going to have to hire someone that can work on the saws they sale, or, stop selling sthil saws all together. Altho I suspect from the look of the JD inventory, they probably wont be selling anything pretty soon. Long and well established JD dealer across the state line about 20 miles away, with well trained and experienced mechanics, might make a new upstart dealer have a hard time getting established. Time will tell.

New JD dealership just opened a few months ago 3 or 4 miles from me. Sthil gave them a dealership for selling sthil saws and other stuff. They are stocking the cheap home owner saws that my local saw shop refused to sell. Things are already getting interesting at the local saw shop. Seems JD dealer doesnt have anyone that can work on saws. Local saw shop wont stock parts for the cheap saws. So homeowner buy a sthil saw from JD, mess's up the saw somehow. JD dealer that sold him the saw cant fix it and the local saw shop ends up with the saw to fix. Saw mechanic already hates those cheap homeowner saws and now has to work on a saw that he dosent even sale. The home owner has to wait on parts orders to get their saw fixed. Local saw shop already makes more money fixing things than it does selling them. Dont even want to know what is going on with warrantee claims. I suspect in the end that the JD dealer ship is either going to have to hire someone that can work on the saws they sale, or, stop selling sthil saws all together. Altho I suspect from the look of the JD inventory, they probably wont be selling anything pretty soon. Long and well established JD dealer across the state line about 20 miles away, with well trained and experienced mechanics, might make a new upstart dealer have a hard time getting established. Time will tell.
Assuming all JD dealerships are franchises?

Wonder if all JD dealerships have to sell Stihl by contract? Seems like most of them do not want to have to bother with them but do anyhow.

Assuming all JD dealerships are franchises?

Wonder if all JD dealerships have to sell Stihl by contract? Seems like most of them do not want to have to bother with them but do anyhow.
Never go to a jd dealer for stihl stuff. Makes the crappy dealers look really good, and the good dealers look like gold. Was so mad at one of the parts guys. He didnt believe me the bar mount on an 084av was not the same as 660, even though he sold me a bar that did not fit over the studs of the 084av, and I had the saw with me to prove it. (Mind this is after I ran back to dads and realized it wasnt right) they wouldnt even consider looking up the correct bar. Kept saying it's the right one. Someone changed out the bar studs. Negative green man, too much deere seeped into your brain.

I can't believe it … it got even worse!!!

Today, for the same client in FL that got his 2011 Tax Return yesterday, I rec'd his 2009 Tax Return as "return to sender"!!!

His address on the envelope is correct, and the same as it is today! I think he kept telling me he did not get them, and I thought he was full of it!

They even opened it and wrote "2009 Tax" on the envelope!!!

The envelope is postmarked in NY March 2010, forwarded to CO Nov 2020 (don't know where it was for 10 years) and marked "return to sender" Dec 2020!!!

I knew they had problems, but this is ridiculous! And folks complain about waiting a month or two for stuff from China!

I can't believe it … it got even worse!!!

Today, for the same client in FL that got his 2011 Tax Return yesterday, I rec'd his 2009 Tax Return as "return to sender"!!!

His address on the envelope is correct, and the same as it is today! I think he kept telling me he did not get them, and I thought he was full of it!

They even opened it and wrote "2009 Tax" on the envelope!!!

The envelope is postmarked in NY March 2010, forwarded to CO Nov 2020 (don't know where it was for 10 years) and marked "return to sender" Dec 2020!!!

I knew they had problems, but this is ridiculous! And folks complain about waiting a month or two for stuff from China!
Guess your gonna have to get a room at the motel 6, at least that's what I heard the other day lol.
That's a wild deal, and it happened to the same guy, too bad he didn't buy a couple lottery tickets that day instead of getting his taxes done :laugh:.

How much is your dealer getting for the 462's?

Never go to a jd dealer for stihl stuff. Makes the crappy dealers look really good, and the good dealers look like gold. Was so mad at one of the parts guys. He didnt believe me the bar mount on an 084av was not the same as 660, even though he sold me a bar that did not fit over the studs of the 084av, and I had the saw with me to prove it. (Mind this is after I ran back to dads and realized it wasnt right) they wouldnt even consider looking up the correct bar. Kept saying it's the right one. Someone changed out the bar studs. Negative green man, too much deere seeped into your brain.
Mies in central MN was good when they were a JD dealer. Zero issues crossing parts and working on stuff when I used them. One of them shops where you have an old guy or two who rips off the original part number and when you enter it in the computer it supersedes 3 different times to the latest and greatest.

JD pulled the equipment and went with a more implement style dealer and I've never been to the new one.

That’s right...over near Philly. Lots of people and lots of trees!
Welcome to AS and the scrounging wood thread. Just beware, there are some odd ones in this thread:happy:.
Folsom is not far from me. Went over for a potential scrounge a few weeks back. Nice locust.....
Locust party :sweet::chainsaw::chop::blob2::barbecue::cheers:

3002 bar mount, not a 3003 like the 660, and I'm more of a husky guy :).

That's crazy! It's not like a crate got left in the back room for 10 years and they just found it since they were mailed 2 years apart.

Latest posts

Back