Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, that would be two of my buckets?
Never replied to this the other day, but it was only about 5yrds.
What happened? Too high to lift the heavy stuff?
No, my wife stacked the left side and it just loosened up.
I quit carrying knives and multi tools a long time ago, kept losing them.
If you spend more money on them you will be less likely to loose them.
I like something with a clip too, helps me keep them where I can get to them to use them. Its not fun digging thru your pocket to find a knife when you need it, also when I do that I've had money or cards fall out because I don't carry a wallet.

So my eyes are gauging close, I thought two buckets would be more than enough capacity for it. My bucket was 3-1/4 yards originally, the previous owner increased it.

That doesn’t work for me. I just keep a knife in my tool box.
A 2 dollar razor lol.
So my eyes are gauging close, I thought two buckets would be more than enough capacity for it. My bucket was 3-1/4 yards originally, the previous owner increased it.
Sounds like it. Its just a little tractor, but I'm sure grateful for it. I did another 30 some loads with it today, low 20's of fill and three of the locust. I probably need another 150 loads to finish filling the area I'm leveling/grading. I also busted the roots loose on a 12" elm that I want to pull over tomorrow with the skidding winch, well see if that happens, I'm a bit sore tonight :cry: :lol:.

What's up buddy.
Hope you guys do a lot of thinning this year. It probably won't be a problem anytime soon will it?

Ha, I guess Cali thinned (burned) about 5 million acres this year, which they say is 4% of the land.

That wood was cut from less than 20’ off the roadway mostly for visibility, low hanging and or leaning over roadway from cut banks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha, I guess Cali thinned (burned) about 5 million acres this year, which they say is 4% of the land.

That wood was cut from less than 20’ off the roadway mostly for visibility, low hanging and or leaning over roadway from cut banks

Rough yr in so many ways, and it doesn't look like they will be letting up anytime soon.
It appears we may be on our own to right the wrongs.

They look like Aussie gum trees, Where about are you?

Bottom pic is my backyard Sonoma County, Ca west of Petaluma. Actually my neighbors trees
Very prevalent around hear and a absolute nusense. I had 3 iron barks in front of my house I took down
Agricultural area property lines and wind barriers

Bottom pic is my backyard Sonoma County, Ca west of Petaluma. Actually my neighbors trees
Very prevalent around hear and a absolute nusense. I had 3 iron barks in front of my house I took down
Agricultural area property lines and wind barriers

Do they call them eucalyptus there.

Do they call them eucalyptus there.

Generically Yes. Several varieties . All crap. Burns gooooood though, even when cut for firewood
Just google Aussie bush fire
faf5318faf2fb401c3f96259dd6ed397.jpg

That’s March, pre bark and wind shed

I think I asked before, where bouts in MD are you. Might be able to drive up together. Stop off and pick up Multifaceted on the way. I should have my Super 1050 with a 45" bar and half inch chain ready by spring.
I’m down in Calvert county, iirc you said you’re in Frederick right?

No, my wife stacked the left side and it just loosened up.

If you spend more money on them you will be less likely to loose them.
I like something with a clip too, helps me keep them where I can get to them to use them. I hate digging thru all my money to find a knife when I need it.
FIXED!!!:envy:

It’s sad that forest mismanagement was to blame for much of that. And most of the people impacted had no say in how things were managed.

We had that same issue up here. Federal lands sustained major derecho damage in 1999 and calls to clean up the land were met with a resounding NO. The tinder caused terrible forest fires for the next ten years until the remaining blowdown finally decayed.

For some reason I loose those clip blade knives, that little Gerber just fits deep in my pocket, under my handkerchief, and I have had it for decades w/o loosing it.

When I worked in NYC, I used to jokingly refer to it as my Subway Protection!

They got real upset when I had jury duty in NYC. The third day they told me to empty my pockets, and the freaked out when they saw the knife. I told them they could "hold it for me", and that I had it on me the previous 2 days and it went right through their detector!

They said they could not hold it for me, so I told them I was going home and they could explain to the Judge why I was not there. They held it for me!

The Postal Service shines again!!! I get a call from a client last night "what did I send him" … I replied "nothing recently".

He opened it up … it was his 2011 Tax Return!!! Took almost 9 years to get there??? WTF???
They are a Fn disaster!!

I get a discount for UPS and use them for anything except greeting cards. Just can’t trust that things will get delivered

Back