Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No such thing.

Just curious, does anyone put maple syrup in their whiskey? If so what kind of maple trees did the syrup come from? What kind of Whiskey/whisky?:happybanana:
Nope no syrup. On the rare occasion I drink it's been fireball lately. The captain is on standby.

Do you guys like hollow point, soft point, or flat nose, or round nosed bullets?
Target idc. Carry gun hollow points

Auto or revolver?
Auto, although I do like wheel guns.
Glock or 1911?
Glock. Cant afford a nice 1911
Ford, Chevy, or Dodge?
Ford. Is there anything else?
Ski-Doo, Cat, Polaris, or Yamaha?
Anything but a polaris
Harley or import?
Import,
Redheads, blondes, or brunettes?
Dont care as long as they weigh less then me ;)
Favorite sport to watch?
None
Who shot JR?
No idea.
Cheers :)

Oh yeah I wanted to say. When I ran over to the dealer to grab that filter kit. (Very nice btw, much better then the old design filter on the 562xp) I asked if or when they would be getting the stihl 500i in. I was told the ordered a few, but weren't expecting them anytime soon, and went on to say they were having a hard time getting parts in general for a stihl. Kinda bummed me out a bit. I was hoping to get to demo the 500i. Looks like I'll have to wait a wile yet.

Oh yeah I wanted to say. When I ran over to the dealer to grab that filter kit. (Very nice btw, much better then the old design filter on the 562xp) I asked if or when they would be getting the stihl 500i in. I was told the ordered a few, but weren't expecting them anytime soon, and went on to say they were having a hard time getting parts in general for a stihl. Kinda bummed me out a bit. I was hoping to get to demo the 500i. Looks like I'll have to wait a wile yet.
I think low inventory has hit a lot of dealers this year. I was at my local husky dealer the other day when the truck pulled up and dropped off a load of weed eaters. The dealer had been out all summer, the manager makes the comment something along the lines, Them #$@$ things have been on order since spring and they show up now with snow on the ground. This dealer was out of mowers most of the year also, only getting one or two in at a time and they are the forth largest Husky dealer in the South East.

I think low inventory has hit a lot of dealers this year. I was at my local husky dealer the other day when the truck pulled up and dropped off a load of weed eaters. The dealer had been out all summer, the manager makes the comment something along the lines, Them #$@$ things have been on order since spring and they show up now with snow on the ground. This dealer was out of mowers most of the year also, only getting one or two in at a time and they are the forth largest Husky dealer in the South East.
Yeah these guys have stihl, husqy. Echo and a few other brands. I was surprised that he made that comment to me. They are the farthest dealer I would travel to get stuff from, but always the best stocked. Was very odd seeing show models missing off the rack. I'm really hoping everything get back to some sort of normal sooner then later.

My wood doesn't have any bark!!
I had some elm like that today.
Big bucket.
Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 12.10.26 AM.png
Brought this right in the house, tossed a few pieces in the stove and it's heating the house right now :rock:.
Wheelbarrow, two wheels.
Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 12.10.52 AM.png
Then I had some that had bark, but maybe that's not what you meant :oops: .
Little bucket.
Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 12.08.47 AM.png
Few pieces of oak, with highly valuable bark ;). You can see the elm with bark on the top left, it almost made a dent.
Little bucket, little load lol.
Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 12.09.39 AM.png

Yeah Aussie bush fire, those trees sort of explode in the canopy with all the eyeculyptus oil in them.
The Ironbarks are a tough wood to cut but they do burn well. Preffered wood down my way for slow burning lots of coals and heaps of heat.
I like it better than red gum.

Burning some now as we speak :)))
ce8aaca90dbd690f53a87c6077561388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local dealer had some 462s in recently. If you are leaving it stock, I think for most things I would take one over the 500i. The 500s seem to suck a lot of fuel, and stock the 462 dyno's above it's rated power, and the filter stays cleaner a lot longer.

Ported 500s really seem to come alive, but my ported 462s are also pretty darn strong. No regrets about choosing them.

My wood doesn't have any bark!!

That is odd. I was down to my nearest dealer (John Deere, only 1/2 mile down the road) today and they had TWO , of them on the shelf. That also is odd as this is an agricultural area and it is unlikely anyone but home owner types like me would even see them much less spring for that much money. They mostly just sell but 'fixing' saws is right at the bottom of their priority. I do most of my buying and maintenance at a dealer in Idaho 30 miles away.

I use brown tarps (which I hold down with larger pieces of firewood) when it rains hard. Here in Southern PA we get lots of rain, especially in fall and winter. But when it's not burn season, I use just the bark, too!
HEY fellow Keystoner. Where the hel! Is Folsom PA?:laugh:

HEY fellow Keystoner. Where the hel! Is Folsom PA?:laugh:
Out near philly.
That is odd. I was down to my nearest dealer (John Deere, only 1/2 mile down the road) today and they had TWO , of them on the shelf. That also is odd as this is an agricultural area and it is unlikely anyone but home owner types like me would even see them much less spring for that much money. They mostly just sell but 'fixing' saws is right at the bottom of their priority. I do most of my buying and maintenance at a dealer in Idaho 30 miles away.
I live in lebanon,Pa. this was Eblings out in Myerstown that told me this. Good group, just clear across the county from where I live. Typically the have from the ms170 clear up to a ms880. So its anybody guess who buys what around here. We have a strong agricultural background, but lots of tree service companies, and logging going on. Hence why I was surprised they didnt have one on hand.

Out near philly.

I live in lebanon,Pa. this was Eblings out in Myerstown that told me this. Good group, just clear across the county from where I live. Typically the have from the ms170 clear up to a ms880. So its anybody guess who buys what around here. We have a strong agricultural background, but lots of tree service companies, and logging going on. Hence why I was surprised they didnt have one on hand.
You know who also lives in Lebanon? The one and only Gunny!

They probably received their allotment but since they DGAF about selling saws, they have no idea how desirable that model is.

Can you feed him by hand? An old friend of mines mom had one that would come to the door and take hot dogs, cookies, marshmallows out of her hand.
He’s not quite that tame but I have fed campground foxes with a fork.

He’s actually ran into my wife on the deck and it didn’t phase him.

Back