whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shigo’s boy. Lmao.
You can't REALLY think studying Alex Shigo is a put down can you Pauline? You think Lasagna is a genius. Dr. Alex Shigo was a proven genius and the , Former Chief Scientist of the United States Dept. of Forestry., "Father of Modern Arboriculture". Everyone that is anyone knows that. You are such a little guy.

You are a one trick pony. You ride around on a lift and saw a little wood (bucket princess)...that is all you can do...that is all you know. Nothing tough or bad azz or smart or even admirable about that. Not even a treeman. Being good at all the other stuff this profession is about it what makes it admirable. It is complex and challenging. Such a shame. Such a disappointment you are. Can't even video that little part of the job you do.

You can't REALLY think studying Alex Shigo is a put down can you Pauline? You think Lasagna is a genius. Dr. Alex Shigo was a proven genius and the , Former Chief Scientist of the United States Dept. of Forestry., "Father of Modern Arboriculture". Everyone that is anyone knows that. You are such a little guy.

You are a one trick pony. You ride around on a lift and saw a little wood (bucket princess)...that is all you can do...that is all you know. Nothing tough or bad azz or smart or even admirable about that. Not even a treeman. Being good at all the other stuff this profession is about it what makes it admirable. It is complex and challenging. Such a shame. Such a disappointment you are. Can't even video that little part of the job you do.
Your jealously of Paul is more evident with your every post. Keep me out of your bickering, I have no skin in the game. I have not commented on your equipment, don’t comment on mine. I have no interest in arguing with you, we have never been in competition.

Has anyone else noticed that Sherrill Tree Supply has done away with the ambiguity and just begun actually billing customers with their letterhead for the TreeStuff Tree Supply sales as they have owned the company for quite a while now? What was the secrecy for in the first place?

Has anyone else noticed that Sherrill Tree Supply has done away with the ambiguity and just begun actually billing customers with their letterhead for the TreeStuff Tree Supply sales as they have owned the company for quite a while now? What was the secrecy for in the first place?
I havent noticed that, but I have noticed that I wont order from either company again, there is a reason one of their coupon codes is "snailmail"

wespur FTW
about to try arbsession, I hear they are great

They both fall under the same parent company, vertical supply group. Notch and rope logic are also house brands. Maybe they plan to dump Sherrill going forward. Probably don’t need both companies selling the same stuff.

Actually had a weekend.

Got in the water for a surf, at a favourite isolated beach, beautiful spring time conditions. Tracks in are through one of the local national parks, where have work with the department, so a nice refresher on the vegetation patterns & tree morphology (lots of coastal exposure).

And took the family boating, another nice transect from upper estuary to coast, forested nearly the entire way, lots of old growth endemic species, having a late spring, so vegetation enjoying a break from the usual is months of sun & wind that is summer, lots of things in flower.

All in all, a good reminder why I took my environmental science in the direction of arboriculture. Applied science, continual learning by observation.

Finally gonna try SRT. Ordered a second zigzag, knee ascender, pantin and a quickie. Something I probably should have done years ago, versatility/having the correct equipment for the task at hand is key in this industry.
SRT is the way to go, although I like DRT because its simpler (my setup anyways), I gotta buy an actually ropewrench at some point

They are now owned by VSG, (Vertical Supply Group), which also owns Treestuff and Bishop. I order from all of them and all my billing comes from the same accounting department.
Jeff

Actually had a weekend.

Got in the water for a surf, at a favourite isolated beach, beautiful spring time conditions. Tracks in are through one of the local national parks, where have work with the department, so a nice refresher on the vegetation patterns & tree morphology (lots of coastal exposure).

And took the family boating, another nice transect from upper estuary to coast, forested nearly the entire way, lots of old growth endemic species, having a late spring, so vegetation enjoying a break from the usual is months of sun & wind that is summer, lots of things in flower.

All in all, a good reminder why I took my environmental science in the direction of arboriculture. Applied science, continual learning by observation.
It sounds like you had a beautiful day!
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!

They are now owned by VSG, (Vertical Supply Group), which also owns Treestuff and Bishop. I order from all of them and all my billing comes from the same accounting department.
Jeff
I sorta fell out with Sherrill since they sold out a while back. It's just not the same. We have been buying from wesspur. I have no idea who owns that company. I remember in the old days it was Karl Kuemmerling.

I sorta fell out with Sherrill since they sold out a while back. It's just not the same. We have been buying from wesspur. I have no idea who owns that company. I remember in the old days it was Karl Kuemmerling.
I had a Karl Kuemerling signature saddle back in 1987 I think, lasted for years.
Jeff

They took over making Mitts and Merrill chippers. Probably bought them out. Don't think anyone makes them anymore even tho I think they made an entry level self feeder towards the end.

Jeff
So even Sherrill sold out...or are they the parent company of the 2 smaller companies and call the group "VSG" (which was also on my invoice and packaging along with "Sherrill". Hard to imagine Sherrill selling out or anyone being able to buy them out. I bought from them when they first came into business. In New Jersey we just drove to a few outlets back in 70's.

Back