whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been busy so haven't posted much. Also my 7 year old busted my computer! Just got the new one today.

We started treeleads to keep us busy for the winter. I have 11 bids in the same zip code (corning, NY) tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!

Nice crane job on Thursday with a 55 ton. Norway spruce must be 42-48" DBH. Will plan to actually take pics this time.

We've been busy so haven't posted much. Also my 7 year old busted my computer! Just got the new one today.

We started treeleads to keep us busy for the winter. I have 11 bids in the same zip code (corning, NY) tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!

Nice crane job on Thursday with a 55 ton. Norway spruce must be 42-48" DBH. Will plan to actually take pics this time.
Treeleads huh? F all those "leads" outfits.

Nice area, Corning.

Corning NY is a really nice area. I’m usually hunting my buddies land there this week every year but went under the knife last week for a torn bicep.
Missing Corning, and all the deer you guys have. Oh, well, there’s always next year.

Treeleads huh? F all those "leads" outfits.

I was skeptical about it too at first. I ended up doing 18 bids today in the same zip code and booked out much of December... And I still have more to do Friday. Even when I lived in Los Angeles I don't think I've ever done that many in a day.

I'd rather not pay for advertising but it's my "winter plan"

I do agree that homeadvisor and other such lead outfits aren't very helpful.

Corning NY is a really nice area. I’m usually hunting my buddies land there this week every year but went under the knife last week for a torn bicep.
Missing Corning, and all the deer you guys have. Oh, well, there’s always next year.
Sorry to hear about your surgery. You could use a crossbow instead? I think rifle season begins the week before Thanksgiving in NY.

The rut just really got going about a week ago. I've seen several large bucks just driving around.

I used to live near you in CT. Grew up in Brookfield. In fact, there's nowhere to sharpen chipper knives around here so I've been thinking of taking my 10 or so dull sets to Newtown Power Equipment next time we visit family out there.

I was skeptical about it too at first. I ended up doing 18 bids today in the same zip code and booked out much of December... And I still have more to do Friday. Even when I lived in Los Angeles I don't think I've ever done that many in a day.

I'd rather not pay for advertising but it's my "winter plan"

I do agree that homeadvisor and other such lead outfits aren't very helpful.
We are booked thru summer 2022. IMO all those lead services are BS.

When I was a small kid I lived in a little town called Wyoming New York a bit west of there(funny now I live in Wyoming Ohio). It was so beautiful. I have been back but my old best friend died a few years ago and now it wouldn't be the same. We weren't into hunting but fished anywhere and everywhere. Vacationed on Silver Lake in Perry.

Just a random thought, not sure how it relates to tree work, more a life skill, but for all those in landlocked states of the US, can you guys actually swim?

Not just barely stay afloat, I mean actually assertively swim in moving water, strong surf, longer distances, save others etc?

Just a random thought, not sure how it relates to tree work, more a life skill, but for all those in landlocked states of the US, can you guys actually swim?

Not just barely stay afloat, I mean actually assertively swim in moving water, strong surf, longer distances, save others etc?
Inland states do have lakes, ponds and rivers. You know that, right?

Latest posts

Back