whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn boy...whatdyou turn a hunnert recently? You would NOT want to fk with Treevet. I still climb and do actual tree guy stuff. Your prime was an eternity ago and probably wasn't much even then.

1636135707173.png

2 solid beautiful days, start at 30 degrees finish at 50 degrees full sun, no wind, at the Mayor of my town for over 20 years' house who has a street named after him. Included clearing some large overhanging limbs in the back as raccoons getting on roof so double zig zagging as no bucket or crane or even tracked lift access. Up in the air for a few hours at almost 73 years old and not a pain or worry in the world...just collecting and depositing a nice fat check at the end of the day today.

Damn boy...whatdyou turn a hunnert recently? You would NOT want to fk with Treevet. I still climb and do actual tree guy stuff. Your prime was an eternity ago and probably wasn't much even then.

View attachment 939477
It’s easy to mess with you dave, when you have an ego as big as yours. I’m very satisfied not having to tell everyone my latest amazing act. I just quietly provide the service and collect the checks. At this point, the employees do a good job with a little supervision. Some day, you might want to try that. More time for racquet ball.

It’s easy to mess with you dave, when you have an ego as big as yours. I’m very satisfied not having to tell everyone my latest amazing act. I just quietly provide the service and collect the checks. At this point, the employees do a good job with a little supervision. Some day, you might want to try that. More time for racquet ball.
You know what Tom?...this is a forum and in this thread you tell "what you did today". It seems you haven't figured that out. A place where TREE GUYS get together and talk about techniques, equipment and lives as a TREEMAN. You aren't a treeman. That is why you haven't any "amazing acts" to talk about isn't it? I could easily let hired climbers do my work...but I LIKE TO DO IT. If I was an ole broken down geezer like you I could buy a fleet of cranes (easily) and run employees. But it would be miserable and I might come on a TREE forum just to prod an ole guy like Treevet that can still do physical labor and enjoys it ...because I WAS JEALOUS. His job is fun and he can still do it and he is making ridiculous amounts of money compared to when he first started.

You know what Tom?...this is a forum and in this thread you tell "what you did today". It seems you haven't figured that out. A place where TREE GUYS get together and talk about techniques, equipment and lives as a TREEMAN. You aren't a treeman. That is why you haven't any "amazing acts" to talk about isn't it? I could easily let hired climbers do my work...but I LIKE TO DO IT. If I was an ole broken down geezer like you I could buy a fleet of cranes (easily) and run employees. But it would be miserable and I might come on a TREE forum just to prod an ole guy like Treevet that can still do physical labor and enjoys it ...because I WAS JEALOUS. His job is fun and he can still do it and he is making ridiculous amounts of money compared to when he first started.
Dave, I don’t have to bust my ass anymore. Business situation is good, and I have no desire to compete with you for some reason you like to attack me, but I don’t care. You work in a chosen area with obviously dedicated customers and minimal help. We work in the Tri state area with several workers an do just fine. Trees are just apart of my business while trees are all of your business. The skill sets are different.

Dave, I don’t have to bust my ass anymore.
That's the difference between you and me Tom...I LIKE to bust my ass...and still can (for $ and health) and you don't but can't anyway. If you look back in the posts you made the last derogatory comment to me. I will give it back 100% of the time. Then you start whining.

Stop commenting to me or about me...and we be just fine.

Now me and Paula...I love to break her chops.

Nice job on Friday, dead-wooding some pines and a cedar. Blue sky (now back to rain and clouds for a week), and right by Hood River. Water is high, and the steelhead are likely swimming upstream, not that I saw any. I get to be on beautiful properties and make them look better -- not a bad deal. I would live on the river too, if I had around a million to spend! I fine tuned an 80 ft. pine leaning over a hot tub. You can see my rope and ZigZag hanging by the hot tub; had the foresight to cover it with plywood. Really loaded it up, glad I left it on when I was in the next tree and tossed a dead branch 30 ft. sideways and put it squarely on top!

Have some nice pics...

Problem uploading -- took it on a cell, texted it to my email, then saved as .jpg (was a .heic). This site says "not recognized", even though the pic file now is a .jpg. Any advice out there? I have done this conversion before and it worked fine.

Nice job on Friday, dead-wooding some pines and a cedar. Blue sky (now back to rain and clouds for a week), and right by Hood River. Water is high, and the steelhead are likely swimming upstream, not that I saw any. I get to be on beautiful properties and make them look better -- not a bad deal. I would live on the river too, if I had around a million to spend! I fine tuned an 80 ft. pine leaning over a hot tub. You can see my rope and ZigZag hanging by the hot tub; had the foresight to cover it with plywood. Really loaded it up, glad I left it on when I was in the next tree and tossed a dead branch 30 ft. sideways and put it squarely on top!

Have some nice pics...

Problem uploading -- took it on a cell, texted it to my email, then saved as .jpg (was a .heic). This site says "not recognized", even though the pic file now is a .jpg. Any advice out there? I have done this conversion before and it worked fine.
1636221393537.jpeg
go to documents or desktop or wherever you store you pictures and right click on it ...left click on "copy". Come over here to the post you started and right click on the post...then left click on "paste"...it should appear. One way to do it as I did above.

View attachment 939686
go to documents or desktop or wherever you store you pictures and right click on it ...left click on "copy". Come over here to the post you started and right click on the post...then left click on "paste"...it should appear. One way to do it as I did above.
Nope. Tried doing "save as" multiple times, changing its name, and the pic is always listed as a ".jpg", whether or not I add that to the title. Oh well. Next time I will take a real camera and not a cell! What I don't get is I did the same thing and successfully posted a pic of my chipper in a ditch a couple days ago.

Just imagine being up in a pondo pine near a rushing river. Only bummer was bobbling my pole saw and cussing, then realizing the client was watching me. She was nice and handed me the pole saw -- I use two 8 ft. sticks so I can advance my double line/zigzag system up the tree (use the hook on the saw head to flip the steel biner over a good branch). I was hanging on my single line after after setting it at around 50 ft. with a Bigshot. Because of the lean, I was too far away to get to it leaning on the trunk, and tried to wiggle closer to get it with my handsaw -- nope--- just knocked it down.

My other guy (contract climber) was already going up another tree; no groundman. Maybe I should advertise $20 bucks an hr.?! Didn't get a single call at $18, even saying "will train, experience preferred, raises with demonstrated skills and good work ."

Nope. Tried doing "save as" multiple times, changing its name, and the pic is always listed as a ".jpg", whether or not I add that to the title. Oh well. Next time I will take a real camera and not a cell! What I don't get is I did the same thing and successfully posted a pic of my chipper in a ditch a couple days ago.

Just imagine being up in a pondo pine near a rushing river. Only bummer was bobbling my pole saw and cussing, then realizing the client was watching me. She was nice and handed me the pole saw -- I use two 8 ft. sticks so I can advance my double line/zigzag system up the tree (use the hook on the saw head to flip the steel biner over a good branch). I was hanging on my single line after after setting it at around 50 ft. with a Bigshot. Because of the lean, I was too far away to get to it leaning on the trunk, and tried to wiggle closer to get it with my handsaw -- nope--- just knocked it down.

My other guy (contract climber) was already going up another tree; no groundman. Maybe I should advertise $20 bucks an hr.?! Didn't get a single call at $18, even saying "will train, experience preferred, raises with demonstrated skills and good work ."
You remind me of a guy on here named "Rabid K9" . Couldn't figure out the picture thang so tries to describe it all in words. Nobody wants to real all that much.

One picture is of Tom Lasagna second from left and the other is a picture of Treevet taken a few moments ago at near 73 years old. Does "busting ass" pay off for one's health?KIMG3260.JPG?

1636135707173.png

Back