Dolmar 120 leaking fuel after fill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosegunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have Dolmar 120 super with SI carb. It leaks fuel after I fill while it is on its side. If I turn it upright it no longer leaks. It can be laid on its side again and does not leak further.

Any suggestions on what to check or fix?

gg

I have Dolmar 120 super with SI carb. It leaks fuel after I fill while it is on its side. If I turn it upright it no longer leaks. It can be laid on its side again and does not leak further.

Any suggestions on what to check or fix?

gg

The tank vent is known to leak some times.
Pioneerguy600

The part number for that vent was 965451621 the last time I bought one, and the line that comes off it should also be replaced # 965452370, it gets hard and full of cracks.
Pioneerguy600

The part number for that vent was 965451621 the last time I bought one, and the line that comes off it should also be replaced # 965452370, it gets hard and full of cracks.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense because it was my uncles saw that was stored for several years with no fuel in it. Runs great and cuts strong though.

gg

Those are the wrong stickers on the saw You have a PS6000 or a PS6800 look at the ID plate/serial# tag

Scott

There is no serial plate. It was my late Uncles saw, he was a rep for sales of Dolmar. He Most likely built it from parts or saws that he had.

It really cuts nice and has lots of power even though they are kind of heavy.

So I am not sure how to find out what it is. My guess was a 120si since that is one of the saws that many of my family members bought and use.

gg

Talked to scott from the cutting edge and determined it is a 120si not a PS6### series.

Determined by the type of oiler.

Also gave me instructions on what to check for fuel leak.

Thanks Scott!!!!

gg

Latest posts

Back