History of Bow Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont really wanna like the picture of the 125, but I think I just heard some pulp wood shaking in their roots... :p

Nice saws Cliff!:rock:

Mark, I believe that a 125 weighs a few pounds less than an old 80cc geardrive so I would venture a guess that in its day this set up would have been quite useful in pulp operations although I am not sure how big a log a bush bow will handle efficiently. 1-60s and 640s with large bows were popular in my youth. In the right hands you can really buck in a hurry. You can also get hurt quicker than you can bat your eye. Ron

1956 Poulan F100

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mr Bow Saw I have been trying to find a bow bar for any saw I have, no luck yet I have bid on a bunch on ebay I always loose. Yesterday was one I think would have fit my 53A I bid a 101.00 and lost. My question is am I being to cheap are they worth what they are bringing?

Mr Bow Saw I have been trying to find a bow bar for any saw I have, no luck yet I have bid on a bunch on ebay I always loose. Yesterday was one I think would have fit my 53A I bid a 101.00 and lost. My question is am I being to cheap are they worth what they are bringing?

If your talking about the Poulan Bow bar? That sold at a high price.

Thanks to a member here I now get to be in this thread. Thanks Man.

Poulan 3400 I had to mod the clutch cover and the chain guard on the bow. This one is all together running good and ready to go. Someday I need to get the green clutch cover.

100_1841 by supercabs78, on Flickr

100_1842 by supercabs78, on Flickr

Stihl 038 Super This one has a couple issues, I need to make a bushing for the bar nuts and it will be ready to go. I made a chain for it after this pic was taken it was a driver to long finally got to use my breaker spinner.

100_1844 by supercabs78, on Flickr

100_1843 by supercabs78, on Flickr

100_1849 by supercabs78, on Flickr

Here they are together.

100_1851 by supercabs78, on Flickr

100_1850 by supercabs78, on Flickr

I ran both last night for a cut or two, the 3400 don’t have the power the 038 does Just let it cut and don’t push to hard.

090 Stihl,
I had this saw for a few years and used it on some big logs with a 42" bar.
I just got this large mount Stihl clearing bow bar so I put it on here for some pics.
I will look for another saw to mount it on.Maybe a contra or 070.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

For what it's worth... I spoke with Bob Johnson today and he has at least 8 bow bars to fit the large frame McCulloch saws, some with the milled slot for the oversize screw adjuster (ala 1-40/50 Series saws) others for the clutch cover adjuster only. Only one had the guard on top, but all have the spikes.

Mark

Nice one - Homelite Bow saw 4-20 need parts

The bow/brush bar from the 090 is now on this 070 I just got.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

NICE!! love these bow saws. Thanks for the history. I just picked up a Homelite 4-20 with bow attachment and the engine is frozen. I want to restore it and need parts if anyone has any. Please get in touch thanks!

View attachment 215382

Homy Bow bars

Picked up three Homy 14" NOS bow bars not too long ago, I used one on my Partner saws as I had the proper OEM Bow Saw bar cover for a Partner S65. FIT LIKE A GLOVE!!!! Guess I'll get a picture for all to see.
I listed one of the Bow Bars on ebay to pay for my investment!!! (the one paid for them all and then some)

I love these things easy to use! I'm hooked! and no one here in Wa. knows what they are

Duane

NICE SAWS through out the whole thread!

Back