MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike suggested a 9010 build... But I'd have to lend a few of mine out to others that wanted to participate.

I don't think we've done a 60cc shoot out in the Midwest yet...???

Yet if you think about it... We have plenty of saw build offs. From what I hear there is going to be chainsaw races. So what we need to know are the CC size brackets and rules.
I think the point of a saw build is to keep the buy in affordable for those that want to participate.

Mike suggested a 9010 build... But I'd have to lend a few of mine out to others that wanted to participate.

I don't think we've done a 60cc shoot out in the Midwest yet...???

Yet if you think about it... We have plenty of saw build offs. From what I hear there is going to be chainsaw races. So what we need to know are the CC size brackets and rules.
I think the point of a saw build is to keep the buy in affordable for those that want to participate.

I was thinking that we should do a stock stock appearing class. Go as far as you see fit as long as it's still wearing stock plastic and using a muffler. 75cc and under would give folks plenty of options for a affordable build.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I was thinking that we should do a stock stock appearing class. Go as far as you see fit as long as it's still wearing stock plastic and using a muffler. 75cc and under would give folks plenty of options for a affordable build.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

75 cc and under would class out a 372BB which is probably one of the most affordable to build.

75 cc and under would class out a 372BB which is probably one of the most affordable to build.

That was my thoughts. There's plenty of BB kits for the 61/272 series and 372's and 044. Plus stock appearing pump gas would leave it open for some fun racing. Ok so 80cc and under would work best

im not going to wast time building a stock appearing pump gas saw. if you want to race stock appearing then run what you brung. whether its gas or alky. I also think if your going to do it you need to decide on a cubic in class and go with that. the races I race at generally have the following
0-3 cube
3-3.5 cube
3.51-4 cube
4.1-4.5 cube
4.51-5 cube
5.1-5.5 cube
5.51-6 cube
unlimited stock saw
unlimited hot saw

there also no chain limitation,then you run your saw 2 or 3 cuts cold start or hot start over the wood

im not going to wast time building a stock appearing pump gas saw. if you want to race stock appearing then run what you brung. whether its gas or alky. I also think if your going to do it you need to decide on a cubic in class and go with that. the races I race at generally have the following
0-3 cube
3-3.5 cube
3.51-4 cube
4.1-4.5 cube
4.51-5 cube
5.1-5.5 cube
5.51-6 cube
unlimited stock saw
unlimited hot saw

I'm just trying to come up with ideas glad to see you'll be there. Always thought an unlimited 3-3.5 cube would be fun. But I was trying to think of something affordable for guys to get in on which is why mentioned pump gas.

there also no chain limitation,then you run your saw 2 or 3 cuts cold start or hot start over the wood
Saw must be idling at your feet... 3 cuts.. 4" or less of wood... That's how they roll up nort...
There's always been stock classes and mod classes of the same sizes..
45 and under
55 and under
65 and under
75 and under
85 and under
95 and under
Over 95
Vintage
Mike can fine tune classes if need be...
As far as chains go, run what ya brung...
The stock classes are always a hit, cause anyone feeling sporty about their saw can race...

Saw must be idling at your feet... 3 cuts.. 4" or less of wood... That's how they roll up nort...
There's always been stock classes and mod classes of the same sizes..
45 and under
55 and under
65 and under
75 and under
85 and under
95 and under
Over 95
Vintage
Mike can fine tune classes if need be...
As far as chains go, run what ya brung...
The stock classes are always a hit, cause anyone feeling sporty about their saw can race...
Yeah this sounds good to me. What year are we starting vintage? The down up down 3-cut allows for user error so anyone has a shot at the title.

Think you forgot to add that cut-out ends is a forfeit...

You guys better watch out! The Smurfs are coming to win big!!! Might have a couple red headed step kids with too...

Yeah this sounds good to me. What year are we starting vintage? The down up down 3-cut allows for user error so anyone has a shot at the title.

Think you forgot to add that cut-out ends is a forfeit...

You guys better watch out! The Smurfs are coming to win big!!! Might have a couple red headed step kids with too...
Smurfs don't scare me..... neither does the operator......:D

How bout now?
not_smurfy____by_craftofboredom-d4s7ajj.jpg

I'll be holding down the stock class mostly. I can't compete with the alky and highly modded saws. I have a few that are woods ported to do the cutting a bit quicker but other than that I don't have any HOT saws.

Technically there should be 3 categories...
1.) complete stock
2.) woods ported
3.) hot saw

At the rate you are adding classes we need to start running them now to be done by April.
maybe we need to condense the categories to be 15cc size gaps instead of 10cc.

I was just making the point that someone that makes a 3 cut hot saw with a pipe that runs on alcohol has a definite advantage over a woods ported saw. Just like a woods ported saw has the advantage over a stock saw. I don't know what saw Raket posted above but it would probably beat the pants off anything I own. I think one could make the case that the woods ported saws and the stock saws are closer together than the woods ported and hot saws.

Back