Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again Jerry. I'm ignorant so I have to ask.

I can't locate a spec sheet on the super.

I figure I could I could silicone the middle of the bulb-less primer easy enough.

I like primer bulbs, but if the si isn't design for such then I at least wish to prevent gas from leaking back through.

I didn't know there was a tube on the other side.

As far as I knew the bulb pressurized the whole tank.

One of those things I nevah actually contemplated nor investigated.
--------------------------
118 Mighty Midget as 1974

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...408511046&images=408511046&formats=0&format=0

Last edited:
My latest SD acquisition, 123. Quite literally fell into this one late today, and got to meet retired redneck at the same time.

attachment.php

The McCulloch was an added bonus.

Mark

I know you're partial to Macs, but thats a boat anchor or door stop. I still say that series and them 300's is what took McCulloch under the waves.

Thanks again Jerry. I'm ignorant so I have to ask.

I can't locate a spec sheet on the super.

I figure I could I could silicone the middle of the bulb-less primer easy enough.

I like primer bulbs, but if the si isn't design for such then I at least wish to prevent gas from leaking back through.

I didn't know there was a tube on the other side.

As far as I knew the bulb pressurized the whole tank.

One of those things I nevah actually contemplated nor investigated.
--------------------------
118 Mighty Midget as 1974

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...408511046&images=408511046&formats=0&format=0

pictures attached, note the slight differences in the exhaust port shape and the fin shape on the clutch side between the 116si & 120si

Thanks brother I'm going to save those pics. I was sittin' and done, but I had to go outside and snag the crankcase/jug assembly.

A tad harder for a newb like me coz I'm not going to pull the jug if the compression is high enough, yet right off on one pic I noticed that the 12si looked like it had quarter siting on top as mine does.

The I see the fins on the clutch side are almost on a full 90 degreesas is mine.

So, your pics have confirmed that I have a 120si.

A question on the 120 super.

Why does it have 9 fins instead of seven and why larger holes in the fins for addessing the allen head jug bolts?

Was the super part of trying to transition into the larger line before the 120si came out?

Thanks again for the pics mate I will save them for future reference.
-----------------------------------
I need a flywheel puller coz my plan is to leave the jugs on the cases & take everything else off and clean it up good.

Then if I have enough compression & spark I'll slap on some new paint and start replacing fuel/oil lines, rebuilfing carbs and I guess the oil pumps along w/few bolts & parts.

Anywho, until further development that's the plan...

Last edited:
123--123i cornfuzion

123 - -14 mm bar studs
123i --8.2 mm bar studs

6/87 IPL, 995 700 057 (D, GB, F, D), only shows 123.

What's this 123i & why does it have the smaller mounts?

The reference I'm finding is saying the 8.2 mm is for smaller than 62cc motors.

The 123 is a 70cc, 17"-24" bar, so what's a 123i?
-----------------------
Whilst I'm on the 123 subject; I wonder if one could drop a 133 jug/piston on the crankcase as a bolt-on "BB kit" of sorts?

Last edited:
Very nice! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Maybe before I'm too old and gray I'll snag a big 'un while I can still run one.

I'd settle for a little ole 153...

Lee,

You have the Midas touch on all them BIG saws.

PM me your secret!

Lee,

You have the Midas touch on all them BIG saws.

PM me your secret!

No big secret on this one. It was a craigs list deal
and was posted here. I passed on it thinking i would give someone a shot at one.But it sat there for a few days till i got egged on buy a fellow member and i made the call and deal was done.

Lee

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Maybe before I'm too old and gray I'll snag a big 'un while I can still run one.

I'd settle for a little ole 153...

I hope you get one before your to old.
The 166 to me is easier to find than the
153. I hardly ever see 153's for sale.
But ether way both are great saws.

Lee

Another really nice 166 you got there Lee, thanks for posting the picts, they help others also that come to this thread for info.

Pioneerguy600

Thanks Jerry, Not a problem posting.
Just a bit of info on this saw. It is an early
production saw with no chain brake just the
hand guard. The hand guards are usually
long gone. Also has no decompression valve.

Lee

Thanks Jerry, Not a problem posting.
Just a bit of info on this saw. It is an early
production saw with no chain brake just the
hand guard. The hand guards are usually
long gone. Also has no decompression valve.

Lee

Looks similar to the '82 that I have except for the muffler. So how many are you up to now?:laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back