056 super av for 300-350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordan henson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been running saws my whole life yet somehow have only every Gen to run a couple Stihl (194t, 261,362) which are nothing like a 056 super if my Idea of what it would be is correct. Anywho sometime holler at me tell me if that's worth it. Also note that I do need a designated mill saw because I'm way to adhd for the set-up and take down, I always end up fabricating some random tool or equipment lol. So should I go for something like this for milling first, or should I do the SMART thing and shoot for a solid big work saw since all of mine are totally projects same are rarely reliable1000003459.jpg1000003458.jpg1000003456.jpg

The 056s might be good horsing around saws, but ignitions are going to be a real problem. Poor choice for milling. I wouldn't any saw for milling that doesn't have good parts availability.

Another issue with the 056 is the filter sucking in excess dust because of its location low and to the rear of the clutch cover. Gets an extra dose of grit there.

I'll probably end up going with a clone 660 or 395.
I have a real 395 but it's my big feller so I don't wanna **** it up milling especially because it's already really old. Also I just really wanna try a 660.
Does anybody have a specific brand of the clones that are maybe better than the others? I have a neo tec top handle that I did minimal work on the cylinder and opened the air cleaner and piped and it's insane but it's the only clone I've had my hands on.

Latest posts

Back