accelerator pumps on Zama carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok had another look, and one carb, I can't see it??? On another there is a brass plug right next to the throttle shaft on the face of the carb body, is that it?

I don't know what these carbs look like, but could you use a Q-tip and gritty hand cleaner to polish like I do with 4 stroke needle bores?

Thanks!! I never saw that thread!

Its just an information dump where I quote stuff so it can be found all in one place. Hasn't proved to be real popular. I think only I look at it...

hint, it has "carbitooter" in the title specifically so I can search it very easily

Its just an information dump where I quote stuff so it can be found all in one place. Hasn't proved to be real popular. I think only I look at it...

hint, it has "carbitooter" in the title specifically so I can search it very easily

Ya, I saw that.

So just took one apart, don't see any wear in the bore, but so hard to see in there, but the piston is a sloppy fit in there, so maybe just the oring is worn. Anyway, I plugged it off with JB weld, we'll see how it runs this weekend.

Now I have a few other carbs here that appear to be a non pump carb, yet don't run that great either.

Ya, I saw that.

So just took one apart, don't see any wear in the bore, but so hard to see in there, but the piston is a sloppy fit in there, so maybe just the oring is worn. Anyway, I plugged it off with JB weld, we'll see how it runs this weekend.

Now I have a few other carbs here that appear to be a non pump carb, yet don't run that great either.

really? Let me know if you want to sell a C1QS32. Did you try a kit on any of those ones?

I will admit to knowing nothing about top handled saws but if you go here:
http://www.zamacarb.com/tips.html and then follow the product "Product Look Up" link you can put the model no of the carb in and get the IPL for that individual carb. I've found that pretty much every part is available from Zama dealers.

really? Let me know if you want to sell a C1QS32. Did you try a kit on any of those ones?

I have at least one of the C1QS32 per the number on the box anyway. Are these supposed to be better? As far as I can tell I have two and my 020T won't rev beyond 9,000 rpms.

Will,
When you say your 020t falls on its face is that like I describe above? Everything's good until you try to run it at WOT?

ZC,
I've looked at this thread several times. Good compilation but I have nothing to add. I will add if I can ever get this 020T going!

I have at least one of the C1QS32 per the number on the box anyway. Are these supposed to be better? As far as I can tell I have two and my 020T won't rev beyond 9,000 rpms.

Will,
When you say your 020t falls on its face is that like I describe above? Everything's good until you try to run it at WOT?

When they do, its like they wont rev up at all, you got to keep pumping the throttle to get them to go, if ya hit the throttle they just die out, that's usually what happens.

have you had a chance to try your sealed up carb?

Yes, just got home from work, threw the carb back together and put it on the saw. And.......................................

It runs great!!!!!!!!!!! Got a few pics here of the carbs that I have here.

Video of the saw running with the carb with the plugged off pump circuit, is being uploaded now.

What I ended up doing is pulling the little tiny welch plug and filled that area with JB weld, as well I took the o-ring off the pump piston and filled the o-ring groove with JB weld and slid it back in the hole.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is the one with the pump you can see the brass plug, its behind there.
attachment.php

attachment.php

So the S61E is the one with the pump.

The S61A has no pump.

And the old S32 is no pump, its a old 020t carb, no limiters or anything.

Now I'm surprised with the S61A that they have no pump in them? Unless they do but don't have the brass acess plug? Anybody know?

Latest posts

Back