accelerator pumps on Zama carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, just got home from work, threw the carb back together and put it on the saw. And.......................................

It runs great!!!!!!!!!!! Got a few pics here of the carbs that I have here.

Video of the saw running with the carb with the plugged off pump circuit, is being uploaded now.

What I ended up doing is pulling the little tiny welch plug and filled that area with JB weld, as well I took the o-ring off the pump piston and filled the o-ring groove with JB weld and slid it back in the hole.

great glad it worked, this will be a good fix. beats $140 you would have to pay for new carb

thanks for trying this and letting us know, cant wait to see video. rep sent

Here it is.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icTdzg6b2u8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icTdzg6b2u8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Will,

you da man, stud!

The evil 200T carb problem has been conquered!!!

Now what will those 338XPT fellers have to talk about?....

ha ha. Thanks! You still interested in that carb?

Will

dunno yet. gotta get some saws built. probably if you still have it later. I actually need to go count carbs and saws. Right now I'm one cylinder short of three complete 200's in parts all layin out. Probably will need to buy intake boots and fuel lines etc

dunno yet. gotta get some saws built. probably if you still have it later. I actually need to go count carbs and saws. Right now I'm one cylinder short of three complete 200's in parts all layin out. Probably will need to buy intake boots and fuel lines etc

Sure, its no matter to me. They've been sitting around here a long time now. I guess I was supposed to ask my buddy about a cylinder for you eh! Sorry about that I forgot. I'll try to remember this time. What kind of $$ do you think for one?

I have the zama s61e-632a but I am not sure what the accelerator pump is and where it is located.
Can you help.

Its just an information dump where I quote stuff so it can be found all in one place. Hasn't proved to be real popular. I think only I look at it...

hint, it has "carbitooter" in the title specifically so I can search it very easily

Not so, I am subscribed to that threat ...:msp_wink:

Them Zama carbs are a real nuisance if you ask me. I hope Stihls gets their act together and sorts all those problems out, but I doubt they will succeed in China in the near future. Carbs should me made in Virginie or Germany.

Accelerator Pump

I have the zama s61e-632a but I am not sure what the accelerator pump is and where it is located.
Can you help.

Not sure of the carb number but assuming it's like the Zama carb on a 200T, the pump is inside the casting behind the throttle shaft on RHS as you look at the throttle plate.

I followed the advice on the carbitooter thread and got a pair of MS200T 's running perfectly.

In short - take off the throttle plate and remove the throttle shaft. If there's a plug fitted pry it out and the accelerator piston and spring will pop out. Look down the hole and you'll see a filter gauze. I filled that with epoxy. I also removed the oring from the piston, smeared it in epoxy and pushed back in to the borehole. Let it dry/reassemble, install and tune up. In theory you need to back the L out a bit but in practice the ones I've done have been ok.

The advice has saved me £100 x2 for replacement carbs.

Picture (hopefully) ....

View attachment 187344

It's the top hole on the RHS in this image.

If anyone can send me a link to a thread showing how to display pictures it would help - I've had a search but can't find it.

Last edited:
Not sure of the carb number but assuming it's like the Zama carb on a 200T, the pump is inside the casting behind the throttle shaft on RHS as you look at the throttle plate.

I followed the advice on the carbitooter thread and got a pair of MS200T 's running perfectly.

In short - take off the throttle plate and remove the throttle shaft. If there's a plug fitted pry it out and the accelerator piston and spring will pop out. Look down the hole and you'll see a filter gauze. I filled that with epoxy. I also removed the oring from the piston, smeared it in epoxy and pushed back in to the borehole. Let it dry/reassemble, install and tune up. In theory you need to back the L out a bit but in practice the ones I've done have been ok.

The advice has saved me £100 x2 for replacement carbs.

Zippy, you remotivated me to try this repair again. I have mine apart and the pump and oring removed. I don't have the "gauze" or a filter material. How are you getting the epoxy down the narrow passage w/o effecting the throttle shaft along the way. also did you wait for the pump (minus o-ring) to dry before replacing it in the shaft bore?

I tried to fix my accelerator pump problem on my 200t today and after. I did everything mentioned in the earlier post but when I started my saw it seem to run fast of the start. My chain was rolling and it was reving high. Does anyone know what the high and low jet setting are. And also can anything major go wrong if this doesn't work. Should I just by a new carb incase I mess something else up.

sealing up accelerator circuit .....

Zippy, you remotivated me to try this repair again. I have mine apart and the pump and oring removed. I don't have the "gauze" or a filter material. How are you getting the epoxy down the narrow passage w/o effecting the throttle shaft along the way. also did you wait for the pump (minus o-ring) to dry before replacing it in the shaft bore?

I just use a matchstick to smear some epoxy down the hole. If it's not too cold it'll run down to the bottom of the hole if you let it stand for a couple of minutes. I smear a bit around the piston and push that in too. Be careful not to put too much epoxy in first or you won't be able to get the piston in far enough. I just use matchstick/rag to clean up the mess. Seems like it's impossible but it's easy when you give it a try. I found a small artists wooden handle paintbrush worked well for ensuring the hole is clean for the throttle shaft. I remember thinking I was ruining the carb but actually it worked out great. If you've struggled to get hole clean (unlikely) you can use emery to clean it up as the epoxy starts to go off.

Good luck.

carb settings

I tried to fix my accelerator pump problem on my 200t today and after. I did everything mentioned in the earlier post but when I started my saw it seem to run fast of the start. My chain was rolling and it was reving high. Does anyone know what the high and low jet setting are. And also can anything major go wrong if this doesn't work. Should I just by a new carb incase I mess something else up.

If the limiter caps are off then 1.5 full turns out on both is a good start. (My L ended up 1.0 full turn out and H 1.25 out when tuned).

Blocking the accelerator circuit definately shouldn't make the saw run faster. I'd look to see if something else changed - maybe the throttle baffle isn't shutting properly, does the T screw need adjusting, it the carb sealed onto the cylinder ok ... that kind of thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back