Air filters which one? Preferences?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What started this today was a used husky 570 xt I picked up. We wanted to see if it ran. For some reason it was flooding after running. I found the foam airfilter clogged up. Changed the sparkplug and filter to a mesh filter problem solved. The airfilter was so bad the carb needed adjusting.
The saw runs awesome no wonder why the PO sold it.

Which air filter do you prefer? Does it matter?

Fine mesh?
Foam filter?
Paper filter? I been replacing this filter with the factory mesh filter where I can.

The fine mesh is easier to wash with ether then blow dry to me. How do you clean the paper filter? You can’t tell if it’s clean or not.

Again bottomline do your maintenance.

They probably readjusted it with the filter clogged. Funny I have a few 570’s here and went to swipe a filter from on of the parts saws it was even worse than my first filter. Me and my boy laughed. Luckily he found my bag of new air filters. Everytime I order new parts I order new air filters too.

Newer electronic saws. Can adjust some. Older saws just get richer.

Depending on the filter I'm able to spray from the inside out with non chlorinated break cleaner spray. After using a paint brush on the outside. This extends the life of the filter. Though I do use compressed air from the inside it is at a lower pressure.

We washed the old filter but can’t tell if it’s clean, we have to remove the oil film from it or it will clog up quicker.

Then I see the larger paper filters for my 570. Not sure how long they last.

The fine mesh is good for snowy areas but they don't seem to filter the fines as well in dry climates. Flocked paper filters plug up fast with fines. Pleated cotton seems to do best to me...but costs alot more.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

i wonder if anyone has a sock to cover the flocked paper filters? Nylon stocking type?

Latest posts

Back