• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Almost an oil thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboyd351

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just came up with a little hack that others might find useful.
I use Stabil to treat fuel and Saber for my 2 stroke oil. I run all my 2 stroke equipment at 50:1.
Since the Stabil bottle has that squeeze measuring device built into it, I figured why not use the empty Stabil bottle to measure and dispense my Saber oil. I peeled the Amsoil stickers off the Amsoil bottle, stuck them on the Stabil bottle and covered them with clear packing tape for added insurance.
Now when I want to mix up a gallon of pre-mix I will just squeeze the measuring part up to an ounce twice and up to a half ounce once (or maybe a bit over the 1/2 mark the third time since 2.6 oz/ gallon equals 50:1.
Saves using another container to measure then cleaning it.

Attachments

• IMG_5269.jpeg
    IMG_5269.jpeg
    1.7 MB
Personally I would use sea foam at 1 oz per gallon or star tron fuel stabilizer. I've been buying rec 90 and adding 5oz sea foam for the last 5 years or so. I date the cans and at 2 years I will use the gas in my car or tractor etc. So far I have had no issues with fuel. I also use that fuel for premix in that 2 year period. I run 2 mixes both echo Red armor 50:1 for echo products and 32:1 for my vintage saws. I definitely like the idea you have for your saber oil. I just bought a gal of red armor and was thinking of refilling the type of bottle you are speaking of. I haven't had the best luck with stabil. When using it in 4 stroke application/straight gas the gas seemed to evaporate and leave just the stabil which was real gummy. then had to clean carb/jets. But I think that was before I switched to rec fuel. That may make the difference but I am no expert, I'm just relaying my personal experiences

Latest posts

Back