Gas life?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diesel can last 30 years... FWIW

Old school diesel, you bet. Modern diesel, especially if it's a biodiesel mix, no.

Renewable diesel is an entirely different matter, that should be good for a LONG time.

Folks should be inspecting their stored fuel regularly, set and forget is a terrible plan for anything that needs to be relied on. Rotating is a good time to do this.

Old school diesel, you bet. Modern diesel, especially if it's a biodiesel mix, no.

Renewable diesel is an entirely different matter, that should be good for a LONG time.

Folks should be inspecting their stored fuel regularly, set and forget is a terrible plan for anything that needs to be relied on. Rotating is a good time to do this.
LOL I'm a dinosaur... so yeah my "it lasts 30 years" info is re pure dinosaur powered diesel 🤣

I agree... mainly to the seafoam... which I understand contains mostly good 'ole fashioned h2o... you'd never add water to a fuel tank set aside for long term storage, right?
I checked the Seafoam site. It says it is 100% organic oils and cleaners. That would preclude it having water in its formulation.

🤣🤣🤣 because everything on the interweb is true

BTW pure water is 100% organic... and water is a cleaner (shrug)
Nope. Water is not organic. Organic compounds must contain at least carbon and hydrogen in their molecular structure.

i don't trust anything that is a "do it all"
product... add it to fuel... add it to your crankcase oil... use it for *anything*

Lots of people love the seafoam... my youngest brother has 4 engineers degrees and he loves it... but he also pours water down the carb of running motors just to show off that it can be done... (ie my youngest brother is an idiot 🤣)

Whether there is water in it or not... my experience is that at best it doesn't do much of anything... at worst it clogs fuel injectors in *some* systems... YMMV

I'll admit the seafoam recipe might have changed... the last time I held a can of it, it still came in a metal soup can looking thing with a tin triangle shaped pull-tab on top to open it 🤣

i don't trust anything that is a "do it all"
product... add it to fuel... add it to your crankcase oil... use it for *anything*

Lots of people love the seafoam... my youngest brother has 4 engineers degrees and he loves it... but he also pours water down the carb of running motors just to show off that it can be done... (ie my youngest brother is an idiot 🤣)

Whether there is water in it or not... my experience is that at best it doesn't do much of anything... at worst it clogs fuel injectors in *some* systems... YMMV

I'll admit the seafoam recipe might have changed... the last time I held a can of it, it still came in a metal soup can looking thing with a tin triangle shaped pull-tab on top to open it 🤣
I have never used the stuff, so I cannot comment on its efficacy. Todd at Project Farm did some tests with it on an old engine and he claimed it stopped lifter rattle and increased compression.

LOL I'm a dinosaur... so yeah my "it lasts 30 years" info is re pure dinosaur powered diesel 🤣
Modern dino diesel ain't what it used to be either. Keep it rotated is good advice for any fuel.

Per the safety data sheet, Seafoam has alcohol in it, so it likely contains water too. All you folks being careful about buying non ethanol fuel and then adding Seafoam might want to reconsider.

https://seafoami.com/wp-content/upl...library/2024/03/SFMT-SDS-UK-ENG-v20240228.pdf

Latest posts

Back