Any Point in Getting Small Pro Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a NeoTec 543xp clone for $130. I wanted a light duty limbing saw that wouldn't see a great deal of use. Anyone have one of these? I saw on YouTube that the carb gasket was not fully cut out for some patent reason and wonder if that is a thing with all of them or just a few.
Stratto port is blocked off by the gasket, exhaust port is half the size of oem, transfers don't line up at the same height. In take port seemed ok size wise vs husqy/zenoah. I got a little greedy/angry while fixing the ports and ended up just getting a husqy p/c for it. In truth, I could get a redmax gz4350 (543xp) from sthollers for ~$300.00 and just went and ran the saw. Time fixing the neojunk and new p/c, spark plug etc just wasn't worth it. If it runs at all in stock form rejoice and be happy. Mine ran like crap which lead me down that rabbit hole. Runs fine now, but not nearly as good as my gz4000.

I learned something that might help someone else.

Oregon recommends its Q66 chain for the P501, but it recommends the 20LPX066G, which is about 2/3 as expensive, for the CS-4910. I could not figure out what made the chains different, looking at the specs.

I emailed Oregon, and they say it's the same chain.
lgx is the no bumper drive link version of lpx and most posters here don't think the safety or anti vibration technology of the bumper drive link is a good thing.

Stratto port is blocked off by the gasket, exhaust port is half the size of oem, transfers don't line up at the same height. In take port seemed ok size wise vs husqy/zenoah. I got a little greedy/angry while fixing the ports and ended up just getting a husqy p/c for it. In truth, I could get a redmax gz4350 (543xp) from sthollers for ~$300.00 and just went and ran the saw. Time fixing the neojunk and new p/c, spark plug etc just wasn't worth it. If it runs at all in stock form rejoice and be happy. Mine ran like crap which lead me down that rabbit hole. Runs fine now, but not nearly as good as my gz4000.
Oy...I looked online and they got ok reviews. Hope I didn't waste money

Back