Are 2-stroke fuel filters all the same?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different sizes for sure and stihl uses bigger attach nipple. Even different micron sizes of filtering. Some weighted some not.

Stihls newest for theirs. Husky newer filter. Trimmer etc will be smaller.

Common one I see in cheaper saws and older poulan.

Common husky

Attachments

• sfilterorange.jpg
    sfilterorange.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 0
  • hfilterblue.jpg
    hfilterblue.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 0
  • pfilter.jpg
    pfilter.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 0
  • pfilterr.jpg
    pfilterr.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 0
I just put what I think is a husqvarna chainsaw filter in a Stihl brush cutter.

So, I have 4 saws of different brands and sizes, I should be buying different filters for each?

Only really matters if you have a mtronic or auto tune. Stihl had a revised fuel filter for them. Not certain about husqy, fikter looked the same as the regular filters. My other o.p.e. I just use a std walbro felt clunk and call it a day.
Husqvarna has changed their filters on autotune saws. Not sure if it applies to their entire saw line but autotune saws have a blue top which is a finer filter element. I’ve seen white, orange, and blue top husky filters.

Husqvarna has changed their filters on autotune saws. Not sure if it applies to their entire saw line but autotune saws have a blue top which is a finer filter element. I’ve seen white, orange, and blue top husky filters.
that makes sense, stihl did the same thing.

The husky autotune saws also have a hollow cylindrical magnet in the fuel hose as well. That’s a pretty recent change though, within the last year if I remember correctly. Like 2023 and newer production.
Haven't seen anything that new yet. My logging buddy usually get a new saw every 2-3 years. Last saw is a 2020 or 2021, my last auto tune was a 2012 562xp, still had the white filter. I'll have to stop off at the dealer and pick up a few spare of whatever the latest fikter version is. Like having filters on hand.

If it works use it. I see some wild ones come in.

Teeny tiny trimmer ones on a chainsaw sometimes too. Those 30cc under ones shouldnt be on a saw imo if 50cc etc.

I use alot of felt wabro one in small trimmer and normal size chainsaw too.
I run a bunch of the aftermarket Walbro style felt filters that you can take apart. Don’t know what the micron rating is in them though

The husky autotune saws also have a hollow cylindrical magnet in the fuel hose as well. That’s a pretty recent change though, within the last year if I remember correctly. Like 2023 and newer production.
They needed the magnet. I don’t know how many 572s I’ve seen where the carburetor screen was full of brown rust. They say it’s in the fuel. I always figured it was industrial dust from the hoses and filters sitting around shelves for a year

All white ones?

Unfortunately, they do not state this in the publicly available information. I suppose it could also be 30 µm as in similar Oregon brand AM filters.
Although here we still had to determine whether these quoted parameters refer to nominal or absolute values.

1724313600431.png

Latest posts

Back