Baileys...steppin' it up...026 style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me set a few things straight right here, right now. I have never denied where I learned what I do. I have always given credit to RS for a lot of it.

Yes, I can see where some of them could have been upset at first. But given the truth that my sponsorship here at AS was something that simply happened, and not by design, that should have changed. Instead it was nothing more than a mob mentally that canabalized one of their own. Cold blooded lies were spread behind my back for the single purpose of tearing me down. And you wonder why I have the attitude I do about RS?

Do you really think I'm trying to compare my saw building knowledge to EC? I thought I made that clear a few posts ago. I don't know a fraction about saws as what he does. But what I do know is that my 346 and 260 are on the same level as the 5100 he built. I happen to know for a fact that the chain used at the GTG a couple weeks ago was good for an additional 20% over one of my chains. Take 20% off my cut times and lets see who the winner was! But come on! This isn't all about having the fastest saws. I'd rather loose every race I'm in from here on out than for people to think that's all that matters to me. I'd much rather loose to Gink and have a good time doing it, than to loose him as a friend. I don't care what it took for him to beat me. That's fine. I expect that. It's part of racing. And then the rumors of RS member/owners offering to build and sell saws and chains to AS members simply so they can come to our GTGs and beat me? Come on! Is that really all there is to their lives? That is so petty!

There were only two main individuals that stood out as major contributors to my builds at RS. And guess what. They're still my friends. Those two individuals are Timberwolf and Dean. It matters not what you think of Dean, he offered a lot of help. And what I do today is greatly a result of what I learned from those two gentlemen. Most of those guys that hung me out to dry offered very little help and information, yet they're the ones so bent out of shape about it. That says a whole lot right there! And you don't know the whole story with Brian and myself either. Out of respect for Brian I'll not go into details, but let's just suffice it to say that there are no hard feelings. Bottom line, he chose to quit believeing the lies that were being told about me. The rest of the guys did not. Andrew, you have that same choice. You can continue to be influence by the sour attitudes over there, or you can choose to believe the truth.

I had problems at RS because the site owner didn't like me bringing that knowledge back over here. Plain and simple. Either that or he didn't like it when my 260 beat his 5100 in front of his buddies. It's not my fault all the traffic is here and not there. I'm going to hang out where the activity is. He had these dillusions of persecution that I was gathering knowledge at RS and bringing it back over here to make money. THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! Get that through your heads guys. It is not true!

You want to know why I'm porting saws for you guys today? It's because you asked for it until I gave in and started doing it. I said for a LONG time I would not do it. I didn't want the hassles and responsibility. Finally after a lot of requests, I decided to start. It was never a planned situation. It just happened through the developement of a hobby. If you choose to believe differently, then you can live in your world of lies.

Why did I get the attention and publicity I do here? It's real simple. I'm an extravert. I like to talk. I like to share. I post a lot. Consequently, a lot of people see my work. My reputation is built on the work I do, and hopefully, what I stand for. I'm not on some agenda to get all this attention. I'm honored when one of you guys asks me to work on you saws. You guys send me >$1000 brand new saws! I don't take that lightly. And just for the record, I'll add that I've not had one come back. Oh, sure, sooner or latter that liable to happen. But if my work wasn't up to snuff, that wouldn't be the case.

So Andrew, once again, the choice is yours. Believe the same old sour apples, or believe the truth.

Ha, Brad, calm down. I just gave ya my opinion on the situation. I'm not here to tear ya down or anything, just let ya know what I think. Just take it with a grain of salt. No need to give a long winded response defending yourself. I wasn't accusing you of anything! Just stating my opinion. I'm my own man and make decisions how I see it. I can't stress that enough. I'm not biased to either site!

I'm going to friendly disagree with ya on your 346 and 260 being on the same level as the 5100. That 5100 is even better as a work saw. Again, just my opinion! I never said anything about being the fastest! I personally find GTG racing to hold little weight in judging a saw. Too many different variables come into play. That is why I hate seeing everybody putting so much on the numbers.

I know your story why you started porting saws for work and I don't doubt that a bit. I also know why you have such a following. You have a crazy good drive and energy that just draws people to your thread. The pictures don't hurt either.:clap:

So Brad, please don't take my posts as an attack or anything like that. I tried to say that in the beginning, that my posts are my opinion. As you can see, I don't sugar coat stuff. If I was attacking you, I would make that clear. But that is not what I going for. You asked people for their opinion, and my post reflects my feelings on the situation. I'm not a puppet for anybody else!

Ha, Brad, calm down. I just gave ya my opinion on the situation. I'm not here to tear ya down or anything, just let ya know what I think. Just take it with a grain of salt. No need to give a long winded response defending yourself. I wasn't accusing you of anything! Just stating my opinion. I'm my own man and make decisions how I see it. I can't stress that enough. I'm not biased to either site!

I'm going to friendly disagree with ya on your 346 and 260 being on the same level as the 5100. That 5100 is even better as a work saw. Again, just my opinion! I never said anything about being the fastest! I personally find GTG racing to hold little weight in judging a saw. Too many different variables come into play. That is why I hate seeing everybody putting so much on the numbers.

I know your story why you started porting saws for work and I don't doubt that a bit. I also know why you have such a following. You have a crazy good drive and energy that just draws people to your thread. The pictures don't hurt either.:clap:

So Brad, please don't take my posts as an attack or anything like that. I tried to say that in the beginning, that my posts are my opinion. As you can see, I don't sugar coat stuff. If I was attacking you, I would make that clear. But that is not what I going for. You asked people for their opinion, and my post reflects my feelings on the situation. I'm not a puppet for anybody else!

Good advice Andrew. I DO need to calm down:). I've been dealing with this all day long, and it grows rather tiresome.

I guess I do respond a little more passionately when someone like you replys. I have always respected you, and think more of you that most of those clowns. I felt your initial post still had the conotations of too many mistruths in it. A lot of the people here at AS haven't heard the story of what all went down, and I just wanted to set the story straight.

:cheers::cheers:

Good advice Andrew. I DO need to calm down:). I've been dealing with this all day long, and it grows rather tiresome.

I guess I do respond a little more passionately when someone like you replys. I have always respected you, and think more of you that most of those clowns. I felt your initial post still had the conotations of too many mistruths in it. A lot of the people here at AS haven't heard the story of what all went down, and I just wanted to set the story straight.

:cheers::cheers:

Cool beans! A chill pill is always a good idea. Working with tree guys, ya develop a thick skin after a while. That is why some of the loggers/tree guys on here can be tough pricks. :cheers::cheers:

Mama always said "opinions are like buttholes....everybody has one and everybody's stinks"...she also said "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything". And I remember one time she said to me, "YOU HAD BETTER TAKE YOUR OFF YOUR MUDDY BOOTS AND GET YOU HIND END OUT OF THIS KITCHEN BEFORE I WHIP YOUR..." well you get the picture. Mama sure was smart....

Mama always said "opinions are like buttholes....everybody has one and everybody's stinks"...she also said "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything". And I remember one time she said to me, "YOU HAD BETTER TAKE YOUR OFF YOUR MUDDY BOOTS AND GET YOU HIND END OUT OF THIS KITCHEN BEFORE I WHIP YOUR..." well you get the picture. Mama sure was smart....

Amen Jeremy!

I beleive you are placed upon a podium on the site because of your exposure and not because of your work.... ports or anything other you have done. It drove it home when your recent muffler mod was posted and you were lifted upon shoulders to be praised for how good it looked and the great job you did. You bought the parts cut a hole and "tech" screwed the thing on.... WOW!

I don't race saws and to be honest couldn't care less whether one guy gets beaten by .01 of a second or not. I'm in Australia and had to actually email Brad to ask what a GTG is? I only have one good mate that uses chainsaws a lot. He is in business like me (and 150 miles away) who cuts a lot of wood but to him chainsaws are nothing more than a money making tool. To me I love running them and luckily enough also get paid well for doing so.
I imported a new modded Dolmar 7900 from the US and Brad did all the work. It may shock you but I also have a stock 7900 to compare it against. I can tell you now that nothing was Tek screwed on or plain old "drilled". The finish is factory but I can tell you now the saw does not run like a factory saw. As Brad mentioned "woods porting" is his specialty. My saws get used pretty hard and I have no doubt it will hang together for as long as a factory saw.
I now put this 79cc Dolmar in the same class as a stock 90cc saw.
In fact I hate Brad's work that much that I am getting another 7900 P & C done by him to be fitted on my stock Dolmar and am also enquiring about other saws. Our exchange rate is excellent at the moment hence my "haste" to import saws via Brad now and not in a few month's time. WE pay a fortune for chainsaws in Australia which is why I have imported all my pro saws except my 3120 Husky.
I don't know Brad on a personal level or even if he's a bank robber, murderer etc (only joking Brad :) ) but every dealing I have had with him he has been 100% completely honest and has delivered on every word. The saw he sent me speaks for itself. I am one happy customer and unlike guys that cut two cookies a week for Youtube (I like cookies AND Youtube) this saw has been a massive improvement in a real world, work environment. It also cuts good cookies ;)

BTW, I'm done with you. My reputation can stand on it's own. I don't need your badge of support.
Again, to everyone else. Sorry for having to sound like I'm tooting my own horn. That's not my point here.

Toot as much as you want Brad, I'm listening ;)
By the way, you must have a trail of unhappy cusomers lining up at your door complaining about your modded saws by the sound of it. I'd be complaining too with all those random holes drilled in them and Tek screws hanging out everywhere.
I mean what if you hit the fuel tank? Saws are plastic nowadays you know? ;)

Thanks Matt. Of course you had to be nice. I've got your money you know:greenchainsaw:

Uh oh you're on to me :(
Nah I'll stick up for you mate, it's an Aussie tradition :cheers:
I think some people have random hormone inbalances and turn into raving loonies faster than my 7900 can cut a 2" cookie...

No skirt trimming. It bolted right on using a stock thickness gasket. There is a slight issue due to the domed piston, where the squish was tighter at the inner edge of the squish band. But I left it as is and bolted it right on. I've addressed this issue with Gregg and expect it to be corrected by production time. All it would take is a tapered squish band, rather than flat. The casting of the combustion chamber and machining of the squish band were excellent though, a huge improvement. The entire casting looked very nice. I suppose I should have bolted it on unmodded just to see how it ran with stock ports, but you know me:)

Brad- thank you for the info. The last aftermarket 026 top end I dealt with also had fitment problems between the domed piston and the squish band. I was curious how Bailey's would deal with it. I think once they get this worked out it will be a good set...

im not a hater......but the self tappin screws is just beyond my wildest dreams....i outta give ya one of these:buttkick:

So what's this deal about self tapping screws? Many "other" builders formerly of this site used self-tapping screws for additional exhaust outlets, and never got raked over the coals for it...

Cool beans! A chill pill is always a good idea. Working with tree guys, ya develop a thick skin after a while. That is why some of the loggers/tree guys on here can be tough pricks. :cheers::cheers:

Andrew- I know you to be an objective observer, but something you may not know or be aware of is that several guys who have really fast saws at the GTGs now have screwed others over in the course of obtaining their 'knowledge'. As someone who has been here almost from the beginning- I've seen a lot go down, in public and private.

The original MVP. I think you have the most time here than anyone I've seen. You must be an old s.o.b.:hmm3grin2orange: just kiddin JJ :)

At least my eyes are still good enough to see where the fridge is... :)

'beaker' can't be more than 40 in real life.

now, his buddy 'bunsen' .. thats a different story.

I've only read a small part of this thread and I don't like it. Some people just act like and behave like children. All I have to say about this is, don't be influenced by others who can't take on any competition. My chain beat Brad's saws period. If you want to shoot down Brad for no reason except to try and gain some credibility on this site, go for it. You now loose all credibility with me, period. All this #### comes from one place, Race saws, end of story.

Last edited:
I've only read a small part of this thread and I don't like it. Some people just act like and behave like children. All I have to say about this is, don't be influenced by others who can't take on any competition. My chain beat Brad's saws period. If you want to shoot down Brad for no reason, except to try and gain some credibility on this site, go for it. You now loose all credibility with me, period. All this #### comes from one place, Race saws, end of story.

Because everything is off topic here anyway, I thought I'd ask the race guys a question...
Do you ever race each other using a "control" chain? As in people have chains made straight off a new 100' roll of RSC?
At least this would give saws a better side by side comparison.
I agree too Andy. There has to come a time where knowledgeable people no longer need to give credit to those that helped them to start with. That's like me thanking my Grade 1 teacher for teaching me how to spell "dog". Very few people suddenly "discover" something works all by themselves, chainsaws or not. The world is a big place with a lot of people.
To claim somebody "invented" a new porting technique makes me laugh when there are probably 20,000 people in the world trying the same thing. To imply that Brad has copied something that is more than likely standard practice across the world smells of, um, idiot. STRONG idiot.
Brad does good work, as I'm sure many do

Because everything is off topic here anyway, I thought I'd ask the race guys a question...
Do you ever race each other using a "control" chain? As in people have chains made straight off a new 100' roll of RSC?
At least this would give saws a better side by side comparison.
I agree too Andy. There has to come a time where knowledgeable people no longer need to give credit to those that helped them to start with. That's like me thanking my Grade 1 teacher for teaching me how to spell "dog". Very few people suddenly "discover" something works all by themselves, chainsaws or not. The world is a big place with a lot of people.
To claim somebody "invented" a new porting technique makes me laugh when there are probably 20,000 people in the world trying the same thing. To imply that Brad has copied something that is more than likely standard practice across the world smells of, um, idiot. STRONG idiot.
Brad does good work, as I'm sure many do

It all comes down to one thing, jealousy.

Anyone that has asked me if EC makes fast saws or chain knows what I've said. Yes he makes wicked fast saws and chains, however I personally just don't like dealing with someone who is always working on an angle.:dunno:

Is Frank's 5100 fast?? you bet it is. Is chain a major factor? you bet it is. With that said, I'm sure pretty I could out cut most ported 372's with a stock 372, and a good chain. A race chain can reduce cut times by 50%. In a fair race, it all comes down to who has the best chain.

Well I'm off to bed guys, I'm sure I'll be sawing logs in my sleep lol.:cheers:

Last edited:
I just find it funny how I am a troll because I have offended and "poked" the almighty Brad. Deal with it buck-o you put yourself in the "light" and I think you are nothing special.... I see self tappers and I think HACK! Buy a weld or a gas torch and do it right and make it look as good as you claim your quality to be. Your saw are unimpressive for what you make them out to be. Do you build race saws? Obviously not but you talk the talk of a "racer" but when it comes time to put up or shut up you fail and your mouth continues to run. :chainsaw:

I know I'm quoting from a while ago...BUT...
Are you talking about the muffler mod where a Husky deflector was screwed on a Dolmar 7900 muffler with HD filter kit? If so that is likely to be MY saw.
I don't mind self tapping screws at all. That saw has seen a lot of hours since that mod, the screws haven't come out, and to enlighten you a bit, it is NOT a race saw. With work saws you need to run spark arresting screens in Australia (a legality during fire bans) which sometimes need cleaning/replacing - bit hard when it's welded on, don't you think???
I wouldn't be getting much tree work if I kept catching properties alight...

P.S. I just read this whole thread from the start to see what Brad may have said to get your panties in a knot. It would seem nothing. Might pay to get like a Goat Herder and Flock Off. Also cut back on the food colouring, it's affecting your judgement...

Last edited:
Okay I am going to try and say this one more time and then I am done... either you get what I am saying or you don't.

In my original post there was one sentence that summed up what I was getting at. Something along the lines of I was unimpressed with any of his saws, and IF there was anything to impress me it was flooded out (Overshadowed) by his arrogance. I have seen alot of other post in this thread that the guys have stated "their opinion" which is great... but it was received much better.

Like I said yesterday, as well, I understand that my post was much more pointed.... So be it.

Andy... I don't give a #### what reputation everybody thinks I am trying to gain from this! Oh.....this has nothing to do with RS...... I can't spell that any clearer.

What everybody missed was the fact that I was stating what I thought. I NEVER said that Brad could not build a saw, nor did I ever say that I could build a saw... What I said was I thought that his "praise" and "arrogance" was over rated for the work (mufflers) and saws that I have seen.

To another question...this was not stemmed from this thread alone this is from watching, listening and reading....

If you are going to stand in the light and take the praise then you better expect to take some heat every once and a while as well.... This was some heat....

There are other builders out there that take way more time with their jobs and produce a much better product.... NOT saying that Brad won't do the same thing some day but right now IT'S not there, so I DON'T THINK HE IS AS GOOD AS THE PRAISE HE RECEIVES.....:chainsaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back