Baileys...steppin' it up...026 style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This mess sounds like a kindergarden class

na, it sound's like a clown attacking a member who has a good reputation and helps a lot of people. If someone attacks you you usually fight back....

Congrats on 14,000 posts!

sweet Jesus... this thread took a wrong turn at Albuquerque! just read the 6 pages from where i had left off! Most of the time i stay completely out of this kind of crap, but here I go. I first came to this site a year ago asking a what saw to buy question, and everyone pointed me in the cad direction of saying buy the big boy! So i did and that was not enough. I then had to port it. then that wasn't enough either and I had to pipe it. brad has only helped me and never been derogatory towards me in anyway. he may seem "cocky" about his saws and ability, but i too stand up for my work. i can definatley say that i was on a high horse after winning with a saw I built myself. I see the same thing in brad. I would make every excuse i could think of, and definately have threw in the "losing to a chain" thing a few times myself. I tried and obviously cant make a chain worth a poop! I will be buyin a chain to race with, but only to give my saws the apperance of being faster.(which is what its all about....RACING) i am learning to build fast saws, as brad is. brad has decided to make money with what he can do to a saw. thats his decision, and frankly i have thought about doing some porting work myself.(to fund my building a race saw) I pesonally feel brad has done nothing to put himself on a pedistal other than stick behind his work, which obviously he does or he wouldn't have the satisfied customers that he has. NOW, I do think that many people jump on the band wagon that he builds some of the best saws. not saying that he doesn't make sound, good running saws, but many have not ran or saw his work in person and say that it is awsome... thats just people wanting to join the "crowd". the 5100 of frank's that i ran was flat out fast. how much was chain and how much was saw, who knows, and who cares. frank admitadley said he didn't build the saw or chain, but can run it well! this bickering, does feel like the other site. i do read and post over there, because i feel there is a better knowledge of the information im seeking, which is how to make a FAST saw, but the other site is filled with drama, which is why i hangout here and ask techincal questions there. I consider both frank and brad to be friends and hope they feel the same. this whole thing should be dropped, as it is just frivolous! there i've spoke my peace.

So Levi, how's that 880 coming along?:)

the guy went on a hunting trip to north dakota and am waiting on him to return. its still undecided if he is going to trade me. but after sitting on it, i am now starting to think i should build a bike saw. that way you cant build that 084 to beat an 088 i would build!:) well maybe i should do both, a bike saw and a 088 to beat the crap out of your 084!! HAHAHA:clap:

Quote:7900 w/busted crankshaft?

Originally Posted by blsnelling
Then you for sure have a busted crank or rod. If the piston pin bosses were busted out of the piston, I'd think you'd know that looking through the exhaust. I don't think the skirt would be intact. My guess would be on the rod, which of course means a new crank.

Go to that thread and tell me where your post is that was quoted?:deadhorse:

Although you did later admit to learnig something... But why the deletion.

I don't know if you could?

But sometimes it's a good idea to post a link to where information comes from?

Brad

Just for grins...

I'm guessing your 026 is non-compensating' now?

If you think of it, try re-adjusting the 'H' to the same RPM's for your filter on/filter off test?

Just interested in knowing how much difference the filter makes alone, as removing the filter from a saw set to a little too fat would run better with the filter off.

Brad

Just for grins...

I'm guessing your 026 is non-compensating' now?

If you think of it, try re-adjusting the 'H' to the same RPM's for your filter on/filter off test?

Just interested in knowing how much difference the filter makes alone, as removing the filter from a saw set to a little too fat would run better with the filter off.

This 026 here has a compensating carb. My 260 does not. If I tune with the filter off and put it back on it will be way rich. If I tune with it on and remove it, it's way lean.

This 026 here has a compensating carb. My 260 does not. If I tune with the filter off and put it back on it will be way rich. If I tune with it on and remove it, it's way lean.

So in the OP video, it was readjusted between the filter on and the filter off test?

Just wondering, cause that was a very noticeable difference.

Just read this entire mess of this thread and I got to get some stuff off my chest. This is my opinion, so take it for what it is. I'm not asking you to agree with it or even understand it. A lot of people haven't been on here or at RS to experience it all.

First, the post made by Gink was a bullseye, I'm just gonna add a little from my experiences and opinions.

Brad, you post a lot here and have a learned a ton here and at RS. It truly is amazing at all the stuff you have done in that time. (I was on AS before you started, just wasn't a member). But guess what, you still have tons to learn and to me, you forget where you got your knowledge from. That is why you had problems at RS, you just didn't acknowledge where you got the information to make your saw faster. Can you see why some were annoyed when you took information that you gained through phone calls, p.m.'s and the open forums and just stated the stuff in your own threads without giving credit to where the information came from? Everyone here didn't know where it came from, so they assumed you just figured it out. It was similar to plagiarism (not quite as strong, but close). Why was it that only fatguy, Andyshine, yourself and me were the only people on your side during the RS argument? Everyone there was pissed at you, and after learning some more and seeing Brian even call you out, I learned you weren't totally in the right. Some of the stuff those guys said was wrong too, but guess what, the majority was against ya. So, it is in the past now, but every once in a while, give some credit to the people you learned from! That is just common courtesy. If you don't see it that way, that is your choice, but that is why I think you are banned at RS and have "enemies".

Not to put a damper on your confidence, but you aren't close to a EC saw. Just listening to him talk at the GTG, he knows oh so much about saws and making them fast. I just think his work is better and I know he takes more detail in his saw builds. I had the chance to buy that 5100, and I'm still kicking myself for not doing it. That saw is a true woods port. It can handle work purposes even better than it can do GTG stuff. It holds RPM in the wood very good. I saw it with a 24" 3/8" bar and guess what, it had the balls to run it.

Brad, you admit your are not right all the time, but when someone questions you, it seems you get bent out of shape pretty quickly and get snotty (Not all the time, most of the time you handle it fine). Just answer the question and leave it at that.

Damn, I just reread Gink's post. That is dead on with how I see it.

I still think that this storm is totally out of line and should have at most been handled by a PM.

Some people don't like other people. Old fogeys always hate a newcomer with zeal. Just the wrong way of things.

Mr. HE:cool:

Back to this huh?

All I can say is that every single question I have ever directed towards Brad; whether it was trivial, redundant, should have been common sense, or just plain dumb was always answered in a direct and to the point fashion. In no way shape or form was I ever made to feel like an idiot, although there are others on this site that relish in those actions. To me that is not representative of someone who is smug and cocky. He could have simply brushed me off, or replied sarcastically. In all reality who am I to him, just some electrons being beemed in from NY.

For you guys to attack him or even criticize him publicly just doesn't make sense and is immature. And then to boot, you get even more bent out of shape when he reacts to your comments in self defense. It is old and it takes away from the sharing of good information about saws.

As far as the argument of him properly "citing" his sources. Everyone on here can conduct a search. You can see for yourself where the info originated. Why should he have to always include a disclaimer before he posts as to where the info is from. All things being equal he now knows this information and therefore he owns it.

Brad your willingness to help is unparalleled, you have top notch suggestions, and people need to get off your back.

Last edited:
Just read this entire mess of this thread and I got to get some stuff off my chest. This is my opinion, so take it for what it is. I'm not asking you to agree with it or even understand it. A lot of people haven't been on here or at RS to experience it all.

First, the post made by Gink was a bullseye, I'm just gonna add a little from my experiences and opinions.

Brad, you post a lot here and have a learned a ton here and at RS. It truly is amazing at all the stuff you have done in that time. (I was on AS before you started, just wasn't a member). But guess what, you still have tons to learn and to me, you forget where you got your knowledge from. That is why you had problems at RS, you just didn't acknowledge where you got the information to make your saw faster. Can you see why some were annoyed when you took information that you gained through phone calls, p.m.'s and the open forums and just stated the stuff in your own threads without giving credit to where the information came from? Everyone here didn't know where it came from, so they assumed you just figured it out. It was similar to plagiarism (not quite as strong, but close). Why was it that only fatguy, Andyshine, yourself and me were the only people on your side during the RS argument? Everyone there was pissed at you, and after learning some more and seeing Brian even call you out, I learned you weren't totally in the right. Some of the stuff those guys said was wrong too, but guess what, the majority was against ya. So, it is in the past now, but every once in a while, give some credit to the people you learned from! That is just common courtesy. If you don't see it that way, that is your choice, but that is why I think you are banned at RS and have "enemies".

Not to put a damper on your confidence, but you aren't close to a EC saw. Just listening to him talk at the GTG, he knows oh so much about saws and making them fast. I just think his work is better and I know he takes more detail in his saw builds. I had the chance to buy that 5100, and I'm still kicking myself for not doing it. That saw is a true woods port. It can handle work purposes even better than it can do GTG stuff. It holds RPM in the wood very good. I saw it with a 24" 3/8" bar and guess what, it had the balls to run it.

Brad, you admit your are not right all the time, but when someone questions you, it seems you get bent out of shape pretty quickly and get snotty (Not all the time, most of the time you handle it fine). Just answer the question and leave it at that.

Damn, I just reread Gink's post. That is dead on with how I see it.

Let me set a few things straight right here, right now. I have never denied where I learned what I do. I have always given credit to RS for a lot of it.

Yes, I can see where some of them could have been upset at first. But given the truth that my sponsorship here at AS was something that simply happened, and not by design, that should have changed. Instead it was nothing more than a mob mentally that canabalized one of their own. Cold blooded lies were spread behind my back for the single purpose of tearing me down. And you wonder why I have the attitude I do about RS?

Do you really think I'm trying to compare my saw building knowledge to EC? I thought I made that clear a few posts ago. I don't know a fraction about saws as what he does. But what I do know is that my 346 and 260 are on the same level as the 5100 he built. I happen to know for a fact that the chain used at the GTG a couple weeks ago was good for an additional 20% over one of my chains. Take 20% off my cut times and lets see who the winner was! But come on! This isn't all about having the fastest saws. I'd rather loose every race I'm in from here on out than for people to think that's all that matters to me. I'd much rather loose to Gink and have a good time doing it, than to loose him as a friend. I don't care what it took for him to beat me. That's fine. I expect that. It's part of racing. And then the rumors of RS member/owners offering to build and sell saws and chains to AS members simply so they can come to our GTGs and beat me? Come on! Is that really all there is to their lives? That is so petty!

There were only two main individuals that stood out as major contributors to my builds at RS. And guess what. They're still my friends. Those two individuals are Timberwolf and Dean. It matters not what you think of Dean, he offered a lot of help. And what I do today is greatly a result of what I learned from those two gentlemen. Most of those guys that hung me out to dry offered very little help and information, yet they're the ones so bent out of shape about it. That says a whole lot right there! And you don't know the whole story with Brian and myself either. Out of respect for Brian I'll not go into details, but let's just suffice it to say that there are no hard feelings. Bottom line, he chose to quit believeing the lies that were being told about me. The rest of the guys did not. Andrew, you have that same choice. You can continue to be influence by the sour attitudes over there, or you can choose to believe the truth.

I had problems at RS because EC didn't like me bringing that knowledge back over here. Plain and simple. Either that or he didn't like it when my 260 beat his 5100 in front of his buddies. It's not my fault all the traffic is here and not there. I'm going to hang out where the activity is. He had these dillusions of persecution that I was gathering knowledge at RS and bringing it back over here to make money. THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! Get that through your heads guys. It is not true!

You want to know why I'm porting saws for you guys today? It's because you asked for it until I gave in and started doing it. I said for a LONG time I would not do it. I didn't want the hassles and responsibility. Finally after a lot of requests, I decided to start. It was never a planned situation. It just happened through the developement of a hobby. If you choose to believe differently, then you can live in your world of lies.

Why did I get the attention and publicity I do here? It's real simple. I'm an extravert. I like to talk. I like to share. I post a lot. Consequently, a lot of people see my work. My reputation is built on the work I do, and hopefully, what I stand for. I'm not on some agenda to get all this attention. I'm honored when one of you guys asks me to work on you saws. You guys send me >$1000 brand new saws! I don't take that lightly. And just for the record, I'll add that I've not had one come back. Oh, sure, sooner or latter that liable to happen. But if my work wasn't up to snuff, that wouldn't be the case.

So Andrew, once again, the choice is yours. Believe the same old sour apples, or believe the truth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back