Bar oil $7.49 @ TSC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to check our tsc, that beats the hell outta stihls prices.
Yah iv never bought anything but TCS oil or Blains Farm and Feet oil. Lately they have been $10 a gallon.

Like 5 years ago i stocked WAY up when it was on sale at TSC for only 4.99 a gallon.

Build back better

Yah iv never bought anything but TCS oil or Blains Farm and Feet oil. Lately they have been $10 a gallon.

Like 5 years ago i stocked WAY up when it was on sale at TSC for only 4.99 a gallon.

Build back better
We used it till it got to stihl prices, then just bought stihl oil cuz it was the same price.

Side note…question

Any sell it in 5 gallon buckets for a bit cheaper?

Same by me.
I will have to check my local TSC. Last time I paid about $10. I also wish Project Faarm would test County Line. He did test Harvest King, and it was demonstrably better than Stihl and Husqvarna chain oils.

Don't worry too much about the oil, It's not super technical.
I have generally bought the cheapest I could find, since the oil does not get used for more than a second or two before it is flung off the chain. But I was amazed at the Project Farm results. The cheapest oil he tested was the best. Specifically, using the Timken apparatus, he found that it drew less power than the high-priced stuff and had the smallest wear scar. He also tested it on the saw chain under controlled cutting conditions and the chain showed visibly less wear. That also confirmed my suspicions that the chain does not actually "stretch" much; what we call stretching is probably just wear on the underside of the chain or possibly in the rivets, making the chain longer. But it would take a lot of force to actually stretch the chain itself.

Why I just pay the extra 50 cents at TSC here for 7.49. Regular price and no BS.

Menard's here is on sale but you have to do that mail in BS they make you do.

Regular price 9.99. On sale price 7.85.

Have to do the 11% mail in then it is 6.99. But it will cost you that dang stamp to mail it in and wait weeks so you can only spend it in their store.

Everyday Low Price $9.99
Sale Price Good Through 6/30/24 $7.85
11% REBATE* Good Through 6/23/24 $0.86

PRICEAFTERREBATE* $ 6 99
each

It's not a 'Timken' apparatus, it's a Falex friction tester machine... You can buy one as well. bar oil has to have one consistent attribute and that is, it has to have good boundary adhesion. Easy to tell if it does by putting some between your fingers and pulling them apart. If the oil strings easily, it's good if not, pass.

Why I just pay the extra 50 cents at TSC here for 7.49. Regular price and no BS.

Menard's here is on sale but you have to do that mail in BS they make you do.

Regular price 9.99. On sale price 7.85.

Have to do the 11% mail in then it is 6.99. But it will cost you that dang stamp to mail it in and wait weeks so you can only spend it in their store.

Everyday Low Price $9.99
Sale Price Good Through 6/30/24 $7.85
11% REBATE* Good Through 6/23/24 $0.86

PRICEAFTERREBATE* $ 6 99
each
I'm good with it as we usually go to Menards and buy more than just bar oil anyway. Never waited weeks either. More like a week.

Latest posts

Back