Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where would "here" be ?
"Here" as in "in this case", not a place on Earth.

Africa ? That's because we all were assuming it was a UK product , Africa is even more remote lol. Moot point , not interested in offshore oil products lol.

This oil is not a specific UK product. It is sold throughout Europe and some other markets and come from Germany.

Husquarna also recommends 32:1 or richer within European market for saws above 70 cc using their oil , go figure . Cow manure petrol or they can't tune a saw to save their lives !

You only have to look at the manual of, for example, 595 XP to see that this is not true. As I wrote any mention of ratios other than 1:50 disappeared from the manuals as time went on.
Husqvarna recommends pre-mixed fuel for all saws. And for self-mixing it only mentions 2% (1:50).

Husquarna also recommends 32:1 or richer within European market for saws above 70 cc using their oil , go figure . Cow manure petrol or they can't tune a saw to save their lives !
at least back to 2018, 390xp manual still has 32 to 1 listed for "heavy duty uses" 70cc +.
Edit, 395xp manual Pic included. The newer 5xx series list 50 to 1 across the board.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240815_054304_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240815_054304_Drive.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 0
at least back to 2018, 390xp manual still has 32 to 1 listed for "heavy duty uses" 70cc +.
Edit, 395xp manual Pic included. The newer 5xx series list 50 to 1 across the board.
Yeah Sean I'am a little long in the tooth lol but recall the same . Most all of the big 3 manufacturers now recommend 50:1 ratio's . For homeowner usage with premium grade oil I have no problems , however in commercial usage or ported saws 32:1 or 40 :1 is a much safer option . I recall back in the 70's various ratio's in the 125 cc , 250 cc & 500 cc MX bike class's ( 20:1, 32:1 & 40:1) proper tuning & jetting was paramount brother ;)

"Here" as in "in this case", not a place on Earth.

This oil is not a specific UK product. It is sold throughout Europe and some other markets and come from Germany.

You only have to look at the manual of, for example, 595 XP to see that this is not true. As I wrote any mention of ratios other than 1:50 disappeared from the manuals as time went on.
Husqvarna recommends pre-mixed fuel for all saws. And for self-mixing it only mentions 2% (1:50).
Today yes , for various reasons , that have nothing to do with preventative saw life cycle !

The 2016 European 395 XP manual still mentioned a 1:33 ratio for FB oils. There was no mention of pre-mixed fuel.

1723716085720.png

The 2023 manual already recommends the use of pre-mixed fuel and only a 1:50 ratio is recommended.

1723716148836.png1723716175690.png

Of course, we know that these changes in recommendations are not motivated by concern for the longevity or top performance of the chainsaw...

Today yes , for various reasons , that have nothing to do with preventative saw life cycle !
I agree. I wrote about the fact that the recommendations were changing. At the moment, the European manuals of even the largest saws only mention a ratio of 1:50.

For comparison, the (really) old Husqvarna recommendations:

1723716695614.png

I agree. I wrote about the fact that the recommendations were changing. At the moment, the European manuals of even the largest saws only mention a ratio of 1:50.

For comparison, the (really) old Husqvarna recommendations:

View attachment 1197598
I cringe whenever 50:1 is recommended within a Professional grade saw lol.

Especially in a strato.
For strato bearings to see the same amount of oil as a non strato saw, you’d need to run between 32 and 40:1
So the bearings in the strato saws require more oil in the fuel, and manufacturers switching gradually to such engines at the same time reduced the recommended ratio of oil to gasoline. This sounds very reasonable...

There is actually no testing or certifying done by a third-party though. It’s all on the honor system. So basically Jif can claim that their extra crunchy peanut butter meets FD cert criteria and if they pay the man they can get permission to print the square FD on the back of the jar
Most of the testing is done by 3rd parties. Much cheaper than buying all the test engines required.

A member contacted whoever you’d contact from the JASO cert and that’s what they told him. Theres no actual test
That member whom ever they are is out in the weeds. There are multiple bench tests using specific test engines. Amongst other requirements.
Mostnof this testing is in fact done by third parties.

Back