Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at 25000 mile oil change interval im not surprised, or am I missing something.
Maybe you are. The vehicles with the 25000 mile oil change with synthetic oil never did have the engine wear out. The vehicles with dino oil wore out before 200,000 miles even though I changed oil every 3000 miles.

I thought this was a 2 cycle oil thread?
I ran through a number of pages and didn't see if anyone was using VP Full Synthetic despite the OP putting it in his list. They say "Oil meets or exceeds API, TC, JASO FD, ISO-L-EGD"
Anyone?

I thought this was a 2 cycle oil thread?
I ran through a number of pages and didn't see if anyone was using VP Full Synthetic despite the OP putting it in his list. They say "Oil meets or exceeds API, TC, JASO FD, ISO-L-EGD"
Anyone?
VP works fine. I would call it a middle of the road oil quality wise

That is Stihl Premium not Ultra !
Reading this thread, I got the impression that the Stihl HP Ultra sold in Canada might be different from the American one. Of course, according to the SDS, this is not the case. The manufacturer of HP Ultra for North America is Omni. The same is true for HP.
On the other hand, as you wrote, the manufacturer of Stihl Premium was Castrol.

Then its Jaso FD Certified !
The word 'certified' is overkill, because no one is doing the 'certification'.
The JASO panel requires that such a word not be used.

A user of the standards, who labels his/her products
accordingly, shall not use in advertising a description which
might lead to the misunderstanding that the Panel approved or
certified the quality and performance of the 2-cycle oil
concerned.

The word 'certified' is overkill, because no one is doing the 'certification'.
The JASO panel requires that such a word not be used.

A user of the standards, who labels his/her products
accordingly, shall not use in advertising a description which
might lead to the misunderstanding that the Panel approved or
certified the quality and performance of the 2-cycle oil
concerned.
The Manufacturer of the oil pays for the Certification testing criteria , many choose not to . Ultra HP has the Jaso FD Certification on the bottle , unfortunately it stinks . The Original Stihl Ultra manufactured by Castrol in Canada does not stink , is not FD oil rather FB which causes deposits & sponge within 2 cycle engines as does the American Ultra manufactured by Omni . No surprise since it was developed for 4-Mix Stihl trimmers & blowers not 2 cycle saws . If I was buying Stihl oil ( which i won't) since their are numerous cheaper priced oils available that are better quality . I would stick to High Performance in the orange bottle or Premium in the white bottle & tune you engine accordingly since both are FB or border line FC rating within North America . P.S. We have had numerous experienced forum members post the msds verifying the same , If that has changed its news to us .

The Manufacturer of the oil pays for the Certification testing criteria , many choose not to . Ultra HP has the Jaso FD Certification on the bottle , unfortunately it stinks . The Original Stihl Ultra manufactured by Castrol in Canada does not stink , is not FD oil rather FB which causes deposits & sponge within 2 cycle engines as does the American Ultra manufactured by Omni . No surprise since it was developed for 4-Mix Stihl trimmers & blowers not 2 cycle saws . If I was buying Stihl oil ( which i won't) since their are numerous cheaper priced oils available that are better quality . I would stick to High Performance in the orange bottle or Premium in the white bottle both are FB or border line FC rating within North America . P.S. We have had numerous experienced forum members post the msds verifying the same , If that has changed its news to us .
There is actually no testing or certifying done by a third-party though. It’s all on the honor system. So basically Jif can claim that their extra crunchy peanut butter meets FD cert criteria and if they pay the man they can get permission to print the square FD on the back of the jar

There is actually no testing or certifying done by a third-party though. It’s all on the honor system. So basically Jif can claim that their extra crunchy peanut butter meets FD cert criteria and if they pay the man they can get permission to print the square FD on the back of the jar
Sounds about right Kevin within today's Certification Protocol . Even the original Jaso testing criteria was sketchy at best 2 cycle air cooled generators . Perhaps the reason numerous oil suppliers opt out . lol. I think Ben had a video showing the various testing a few yrs back . Rudimentary as i said at best , back then .

Sounds about right Kevin within today's Certification Protocol . Even the original Jaso testing criteria was sketchy at best 2 cycle air cooled generators . Perhaps the reason numerous oil suppliers opt out . lol. I think Ben had a video showing the various testing a few yrs back . Rudimentary as i said at best , back then .
A member contacted whoever you’d contact from the JASO cert and that’s what they told him. Theres no actual test

If that's the case, JASO is certainly different than API certs in that regard.

Latest posts

Back