Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mass and density are the same. I've read a number of obtuse posts from massively dense people
Well, no. Density is mass per unit volume. In the SI system mass is expressed in kilograms; density is kilograms/meter³.

I'm going to avoid the argument about whether the pound is a unit of mass or force.

Well, no. Density is mass per unit volume. In the SI system mass is expressed in kilograms; density is kilograms/meter³.

I'm going to avoid the argument about whether the pound is a unit of mass or force.
No need to argue about that. It is used for both, which is one of the things causing confusion with English units. For example, viscosity in English units can be expressed as either pounds-mass per foot-hour or pounds-force seconds per square foot. They are not numerically equal. That is probably why most prefer to use cP or mPa-s.

The oil is a no brainer. Get a good oil. Mix per your saws needs. I do not beeelieve the charlatans on oil. I do not take snake-oil. I have been known to pull a cork. I have gone to the hospital from a chainsaw bite. That might be a good thread. Back on oil. Now people can get set it their ways. I know a 83 year old Snomobile Champion that will only run one gas, one oil, and a splash of snake oil in his saws. Doubt with a 45 in his mouth he would change his recipe.

Did I really need a /sarc on that post? I guess I did. Lighten up people

Latest posts

Back