Bought MS362C... gave it away

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sawyer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was talking to one of my oldest friend's, his MS028 was struggling, bar was worn out and it was having fuel problems etc. Chain was streched out and sprocket was shot. He borrowed my chain breaker and some master links and I gave him a new 7 pin. A week later I ran across a Craig's list ad MS362c for a good price, appeared low hours with $400 worth of add on's. Owner had 500i and just wasn't using this MS362c. The owner upgraded it with 3/4 wrap Stihl hand bar kit, WCS 3 point dogs, bark box and lower case protector plate. Pulled the cover and the saw was clean, almost new air filter. I pulled the bark box off and cylinder looked prestine... Pick the saw up, no bar for $450, plus the original OEM parts.

I had a 25" bar I wasn't using it got pinched, the rails still in good shape other than the two pinched points, I just hadn't got around to repairing it at the time. I cleaned up the rails, dress the bar and , got a .050 shim running smooth down it. Picked up a scabber and Mike at Willemette Saw shop gave me MS362 manual for free....put a new Oregon FC chisel chain on it. I showed up at my friends work and gave him the saw... he was little shocked... but I think I made his day!

Not fan of the barbox, or sold on Mtronic... I'm still old school but got what I thought was good deal... jump on it as soon as it posted... lucked out. I had some money set aside for a Simington thought this would be better use.

Attachments

• MS362c Lynn's saw.jpeg
    MS362c Lynn's saw.jpeg
    943.2 KB

Latest posts

Back