Carb-Huskie 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cedarshark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am rebuilding a 2001 basket case 372. What came in the basket was the AM chinese copy of the Zama carb. I dont want to use the copy. The IPL for this saw says the OEM carb should be the Walbro HD-6 B. Is this the preferred carb for this saw rather than the Zama carb ?

Question #2: The covers on this basket case 372 are pretty much toast. As this saw is for ocassional homeowner use, have you guys had any luck with the farmertec copies ? I want the guts of this saw to be OEM but wouldn't mind if the covers were "OK". I know used OEM is an option as well.

Thanks for your help.

I am rebuilding a 2001 basket case 372. What came in the basket was the AM chinese copy of the Zama carb. I dont want to use the copy. The IPL for this saw says the OEM carb should be the Walbro HD-6 B. Is this the preferred carb for this saw rather than the Zama carb ?

Question #2: The covers on this basket case 372 are pretty much toast. As this saw is for ocassional homeowner use, have you guys had any luck with the farmertec copies ? I want the guts of this saw to be OEM but wouldn't mind if the covers were "OK". I know used OEM is an option as well.

Thanks for your help.
I've dealt with some aftermarket plastic parts, fit is not always good, some modification may be needed. The color may not match well but for the price, worth a try.

By modifications....do you means holes need to be re-drilled or plastic needs to be recut?
It varies on which am dealer you're getting your stuff from, some fit better than others, it's trial and error. Plastics cheap and so is China labor, best bet is to by a set complete, don't mix and match. Lots of threads inthe subject, check out YouTube, keywords Farmtec 372 husky.

I bought a set for a 372 and they look great but I haven't used them yet. The latches are a little stiff but they work fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Walbro 12b is more available than the 6. I have an aftermarket carb on one now and it seems to be working well.

got your PM, i've had good luck with the AM carbs. i'll check my pile in the AM to see if i have a spare. send me a PM in the AM to remind me. i know i have a HD6 but it needs a high speed needle. i'll check for a 12 though. they are both direct fits including the Zama EL off a regular 365.

Its odd...I have the Huskie IPL on the 372 from 1999 to 2011 and it does not even list the Zama carb as coming on that saw, only the Walbro HD 6 B or HD 12 B (EPA). Dont know when they switched to the Zama but must have been after 2011.

Has anyone used a Tillotson HE 18A to replace the Walbro HD 6A or 12A ? I do not know if it is a knockoff on the Walbro or Zama design.

the zama only came on the old regular 365. any 365 1999-2000 had the HD6 but the HD6 was always on the 371's from the very beginning. then the HD12 started in 01 i believe and was used up until the latest OE 372's and 365SP. RWJ4 came on the XT 365/372's. genuine tilly carbs are diagonal mount like a WJ walbro and only fit on a OE 372 if the boot is trimmed and spun on the cylinder a bit. don't be fooled by the tillotson replacement for the HD12 on ebay as it is a chinese knock off HD12 and has nothing tillotson about it. what was wrong with your AM carb? did you try it? i've had them work good.

The Walbro 12b is more available than the 6. I have an aftermarket carb on one now and it seems to be working well.
The HD-12 also is preferable to the HD-6, as it has a larger venturi, according to Walbro specs (17.46 mm vs. 16.67). The only advantage of the HD-6 is that it doesn't have limiters on the H and L adjuster screws, but those limiters are easy to work around anyway.

It was the non-EPA 372s made up to about 2004 that came with the HD-6, the others came with the HD-12.

Its odd...I have the Huskie IPL on the 372 from 1999 to 2011 and it does not even list the Zama carb as coming on that saw, only the Walbro HD 6 B or HD 12 B (EPA). Dont know when they switched to the Zama but must have been after 2011.

The 372 never came with a Zama carb, only some early 365s did in that model family. However, the Zama used on the 365 will work on all non-XT models in the family.

the zama only came on the old regular 365. any 365 1999-2000 had the HD6 but the HD6 was always on the 371's from the very beginning. then the HD12 started in 01 i believe and was used up until the latest OE 372's and 365SP. RWJ4 came on the XT 365/372's. genuine tilly carbs are diagonal mount like a WJ walbro and only fit on a OE 372 if the boot is trimmed and spun on the cylinder a bit. don't be fooled by the tillotson replacement for the HD12 on ebay as it is a chinese knock off HD12 and has nothing tillotson about it. what was wrong with your AM carb? did you try it? i've had them work good.

My AM carb is untested and appears to be made by "ANCIRA"(or something close). Forum search revealed many opinions that the Zama carb on the 372s was famous for a flat spot on the mid-range RPM of the saw and the Walbro HD was the fix for that condition. Your experience with this AM carb is encouraging. What rebuild kit works on the aftermarket carb ? I have no problem trying it but would like to start with a good cleaning & fresh set of diaphrams/gaskets/needle. Thanks for the info on the fake Tillotson...very useful.

Latest posts

Back