Ceramic Bearings?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good ole Dean is on the edge.He is always looking for improvements for engines .Dean is a doer.

Ben,being Ben and has always been Ben,does what Ben always does,debate.If Dean,in praticular,said the world was round,Ben would debate that it is not pefectly round.If Ben,being Ben,did not do this,Ben would not be Ben.

Having been on many sites with Ben ,I have never seen Ben not be Ben.To coin a phrase,been there.

Thats a pretty fair estimate I would say,lolololol

Which "high end" machines might you be refering to?
I raced snowmobiles and bikes. Never seen one set in either , nor knew any one that used them in that application. Am certain none come form the factory with them.

I woulda thought that someone as intelligent as you would have GOOGLE on their computer? Perhaps you know everything already?

Which "high end" machines might you be refering to?
I raced snowmobiles and bikes. Never seen one set in either , nor knew any one that used them in that application. Am certain none come form the factory with them.

Most frontline roadracing bike have ceramics in the wheel bearings, tranny bearings,and crank mains(two-stroke).

A little off track but not by much .I've read and studied engines for years,just an interest.Perhaps twenty years ago ceramics were discussed as a way to be able to raise the combustion chamber temperatures to an extremly high level.At higher temp the fuel burns more efficiently and much cleaner.At that time in history,mid 80's,discussion was also being held about the possibilities of ceramic bearings.

Other things were under discussion back then as well.Items such as anti friction coatings on pistons,variable valve timing, bucket tappits ,which were a concept then are reality now.I might point out that electronic fuel injection did not happen over night.

Until this subject of ceramic ball bearings arouse,on another site I might add,I had never heard of them actually being a modern day reality.If however they do show great promise,as I suspect they will,they will likely find there way into production equipment .Nothing regarding change happens fast but change does happen.

Now if and when that change does happen,as it might,Dean could say"Told ya so" and grin .Ben being Ben most likely would still be disageeable but I really don't know.I haven't been there yet.

debate'n the shape of the world is one thing-but when you accuse someone like dean,a man with a great reputation, a sponser and a good guy thats always will'n to help us with any and all our lil problems, of sell'n a snake oil product an take'n peoples "fools" money when you have no reason to doubt his word and no way of know'n anything about EXACTLY what cut'n edge product it is he has brought to us-I would have to say it is truely disgusting

Im thu with this thread

This will all pan out. Either Dean willo take the saw racing world by storm or he wont.
If he is indeed gaining 5-7% from trick bearings and even more from his special port layout his saws should have no problem smoking all comers.....
I'm not holding my breath.

Well,were have you been ,Ben? I figured being Ben you would have jumped on this hours ago but I've been mistaken before.Ah,I forgot,fishing season.

Dean may take the hotsaw scene by storm or not,remains to be seen.What ever the case,the ole boy is a plugger,a doer.Talks the talk and walks the walk.A lot can be said for that.:clap:

Been a bit busy, Al.

Busy? :computer:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 249
User Name Posts
bwalker 53
chowdozer 25
ShoerFast 25
klickitatsacket 23
Lakeside53 14
RiverRat2 12
aggiewoodbutchr 9
sILlogger 7
Big Woody 6
24d 6
Tzed250 6
spacemule 6
Al Smith 5
Tree Sling'r 4
livewire 4
PEST 4
timberwolf 3
boboak 3
Goicoechea 3
Haywire Haywood 2
BobL 2
THALL10326 2
bcorradi 2
HELSEL 2
LarryTheCableGuy 2
Jacob J. 2
Chopwood 2
04ultra 2
Stihl Crazy 1
ray benson 1
rxe 1
computeruser 1
rickyrooster 1
Locoweed 1
NWCS 1
Dennis Cahoon 1
e.j. mcnamara 1
formersawrep 1
manual 1
Crofter 1
Jason280 1
Show Thread & Close Window

Who Posted?
User Name Posts
bwalker 53
chowdozer 25
ShoerFast 25
klickitatsacket 23
Lakeside53 14
RiverRat2 12
aggiewoodbutchr 9
sILlogger 7
Big Woody 6
24d 6
Tzed250 6
spacemule 6
Al Smith 5
Tree Sling'r 4
livewire 4
PEST 4
timberwolf 3
boboak 3
Goicoechea 3
Haywire Haywood 2
BobL 2
THALL10326 2
bcorradi 2
HELSEL 2
LarryTheCableGuy 2
Jacob J. 2
Chopwood 2
04ultra 2
Stihl Crazy 1
ray benson 1
rxe 1
computeruser 1
rickyrooster 1
Locoweed 1
NWCS 1
Dennis Cahoon 1
e.j. mcnamara 1
formersawrep 1
manual 1
Crofter 1
Jason280 1
Wow,a statistition type thing.I haven't seen this since Markey went off to race the Idiorod.But alas,I fear the dogs have eaten him.

Score as follows,Ben zero,opponents 97 .Awe come on Ben,pep it up' tis not like you.Onward Ben's soldiers,marching as to war,with the word of Ben,confusing as before.Pep it up young fellow,you are slipping.:deadhorse: Psst,Ben,I'm a rotten guy,Eh.

Who Posted?
User Name Posts
bwalker 53
chowdozer 25
ShoerFast 25
klickitatsacket 23
Lakeside53 14
RiverRat2 12
aggiewoodbutchr 9
sILlogger 7
Big Woody 6
24d 6
Tzed250 6
spacemule 6
Al Smith 5
Tree Sling'r 4
livewire 4
PEST 4
timberwolf 3
boboak 3
Goicoechea 3
Haywire Haywood 2
BobL 2
THALL10326 2
bcorradi 2
HELSEL 2
LarryTheCableGuy 2
Jacob J. 2
Chopwood 2
04ultra 2
Stihl Crazy 1
ray benson 1
rxe 1
computeruser 1
rickyrooster 1
Locoweed 1
NWCS 1
Dennis Cahoon 1
e.j. mcnamara 1
formersawrep 1
manual 1
Crofter 1
Jason280 1

LOL, I'd rep you if I only could. ;)

LOL, I'd rep you if I only could. ;)
Well,do so,for heavens sake.I myself am somewhat an illiterate dumb azzz but I still get the best of my buddy Ben.Yahoo,doer's do and don'ts don't.just the way the way it is.Arm chair quarter backs never even scored a first down.

Ah,but alas,don't take any of this seriously,I mess with everybody.

Humor me.

TZ 250's have steel bearings.

Well Ben, when I said frontline, I meant the factory sponsored or well heeled privateer bikes at an AMA national or FIM event. These bearings are installed during the race prep of the bike.

BTW, How many TZ250 bearings have you had in your hands?

Last edited:
I have seen an unbelievable amount of nonsense in audio products. It's usually easy to find a way to discount claims.

It's also very important to understand how pervasive self-bias is. The car/tv/bourbon -you- buy is always the best, and you can feel it!

Kevin Cameron is a very highly respected cycle guy. This is what he has to say:

https://www.cycleworld.com/2015/08/...racers-that-dont-make-your-motorcycle-faster/
"

Right now, reports are rolling in describing big increases in top speed attributed to 5) replacing 52100 steel wheel ball bearings with miraculous new ceramic bearings (photo above). Hmm, we know that the horsepower required to drive a vehicle through the air at speed increases as the cube of the speed (speed x speed x speed). If we make a change and see top speed rise from 178 mph to 181, we can get a good idea of the extra power required by the ratio of cubes of those numbers. It comes out to 1.0514 in this case, so we can figure it took roughly five percnet more horsepower to boost top speed from 178 to 181 mph. If we're talking about a sportbike, engine power is probably in the range of 175, and five percent of that is nearly nine horsepower.
Each horsepower is 746 watts, which is the usual output of a red-hot kitchen toaster. Nine times 746 is roughly 6,700 watts of heating power. If our five nasty old-tech steel wheel bearings (two in the front wheel and three in the rear) were eating up 6,700 watts of power, or two toasters’ worth each, we should be able to see them nearly glowing after a speed run. Do they glow? For just $27 we can own an MS6530H Commercial Electric infrared remote thermometer, with which to make our own survey.
But wait. I’m all for personal freedom and self-expression. If you feel you must install ceramic bearings, get to it!
"

Back